Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egger - XLBGE

Options

Old gas grill went last year, and my cousin talked me into the BGE.  So far can't believe it took me so long to discover it.

Have had a few cooks so far:

1. Chicken wings and kabobs first time trying it out.  Wings cooked a lot faster than I was used to, and were juicy.

2. Made a flank steak, sliced it up, and then cooked with onions and peppers on cast iron skillet, awesome and only way to do fajitas from now on. 

3. Did the spatchcock chicken that everyone talks about here.  cooked at 400 for an hour, it turned out really good, but I think next time I will try more around 375.  I made a raised grid for this.  I just threw some apple wood chips on before I put the chicken on and could not believe the flavor.  Wife thought it was almost too smoky for her.

4.  Did a few burgers and dogs, and then tried pizza.  did the plate setter legs up, grate, raised grid, some rolled foil, and then the pizza stone.  Came out great, but next time want to try a more doughy crust.  We used my wife's dough recipe which makes a very thin crispy crust.

I look forward to cooking on it now, it seems like an addiction!  Look forward to finding new recipes here and cooking methods.  Never have had a smoker so the low and slow intimidates me a little, but look forward to it.

Comments