Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drumstick recipe?

Options
My family has been on a wing kick for a few months which turned into a drumette kick. We can't get enough! I cook extra and freeze the leftovers. My wife returned from the meat market yesterday with 6lbs of drumsticks she was excited for me to fire up the egg and grill some wings. I had to explain the difference between drumsticks and drumettes. As a family we all tend to favor white meat. Anyone have any good recipes for drumsticks on the egg?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    I cook about the same way as wings-since there is some meat to them I spot check a couple and pull around 180*F.  I run wings very raised direct at around 350-400*F on the dome and they take about 50 mins.  I seem to recall the drumsticks going a few minutes longer. Since you have the wings down, with these I would just go til the temp is good.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I brined a batch a few days ago for two hours, then cooked double raised direct at 350 for about an hour or so.  Used Dizzy Pig Crossroads and then some Bbq sauce near the end.  Great results!

I have been trying to find the perfect method, I liked the results with the brine!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    The very best way is to marinate a day or two in Allegro Hot & Spicy.   http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1189333/pickled-chicken-legs#latest

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys