Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you listening to.?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Prepping for Athens Eggfest and streaming Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart on Amazon Music. Not a bad day
    If you were listening to Joe Bonamassa, your day was filled with the blues......in a very good way.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dogfoot
    dogfoot Posts: 62
    Options
    THE HAG'S  GREATEST HITS HE DIED  TODAY
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Seasick Steve. Grady. Good barbecue music.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    The sound of the wind outside and the ice clinking in my glass.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    American pickers trying to buy crap on tv. Man I like old crap 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Good stuff....how you feelin this morning?

• bearsgonefishin
    Options
    Tedeschi Trucks new album which is awesome. also just started listening to Marcus King Band

LBGE

North East Florida

Go Jags

What I would like for every football team to do that we play is to sit there and say, ‘I hate playing against these guys' -Nick Saban

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Wednesday was a great musical day that turned into a mournful one. 

Many by years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Johnny Cash with my grandad. It was a Wednesday. Ever since streaming and mp3's cane out, Wednesday's have been Johnny Cash days. Everyone in the clinic wears black and we have Johnny playing throughout the clinic. 

As the news of Merle Haggard's passing came across the wires, a change was in order for the afternoon. Silver Wings stuck with me for some reason. I've got a couple versions of covers of the song on my playlists, but not one of Merle's. That's been remedied. 

Music lost a legend yesterday, and many people realized the broad stroke of musical talent that Merle gave us. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @northGAcock  yeah. Like crap, I'm too young for hangovers to suck this much. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @northGAcock  yeah. Like crap, I'm too young for hangovers to suck this much.

Merle would be proud.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Merle, Waylon, Cash, Jones,.... Wtf happened to country music? Vern Gosdin, Ronnie Milsap, Willie,.... 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited April 2016
    Options
    henapple said:
    Merle, Waylon, Cash, Jones,.... Wtf happened to country music? Vern Gosdin, Ronnie Milsap, Willie,.... 
    You don't need to sing anymore. The only requirements are to be good looking, have a lifted truck, go to the beach, and drink.

I erased all my preset country music stations in my truck 4-5 years ago. All big current country is terrible. Couldn't take it any longer. I swear some of my male friends country music could pass off as a 14 year old girls favorites. The new country is nothing but pop music with a southern guy/gal voice. I guess that's what sells. Too bad.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    Leonard Cohen.....live. 

Great choice !!!! Amazing poet/songwriter !
  • Trixie_Belle
    Options
    Billy Joel on Amazon Prime music streaming service.  Hubs and I are venturing to San Diego for Joel's show on May 14.   Yes, we know he's playing here in Seattle the next weekend.  BUT...Hubs will be on a business trip then. 
    BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    Sympathy for the devil
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    http://youtu.be/7I-Hm7hbBOM

The more I hear this, the higher it goes on my list of best covers.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @ACN I saw her and the Carolina Chocolate Drops at the Chicago Blues Fest a couple years ago.  She absolutely blew me away.  I had never hear of her until that day.  She did a good job with The New Basement Tapes as well.
    https://youtu.be/ZKGqtSisReg

Big fan of this cover as well:
    https://youtu.be/wKTXJUYiAT4
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    @saluki2007 - I love the Hit Em Up cover as well, that is how I first encountered her and the Carolina Chocolate Drops.  I also really like their version of Why Don't You Do Right:

http://youtu.be/QuM_9UIcSck

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Listening to Jazz on my Amazon Echo.  Fun gadget!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Neil Diamond. America
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Streaming Hawaiian music-my great escape besides the BGE.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Jays and Yanks

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited April 2016
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    You don't need to sing anymore. The only requirements are to be good looking, have a lifted truck, go to the beach, and drink.

I erased all my preset country music stations in my truck 4-5 years ago. All big current country is terrible. Couldn't take it any longer. I swear some of my male friends country music could pass off as a 14 year old girls favorites. The new country is nothing but pop music with a southern guy/gal voice. I guess that's what sells. Too bad.
    Couldn't agree more; I have a theory of what made this happen:  rap!
    When rap came out and got popular, it started taking over pop and rock stations.  Most guys my age, who grew up on rock, weren't getting their itches scratched, and started looking.
    Country artists who started dabbling with rock styles (faster tempos, rock rhythms (straight-eighth notes) started getting more popular (Exhibit One: Garth Brooks), and The Shift started happening.  
    I think rock audiences can be found in 3 areas now: new country fans (as above); oldies fans (not me, I can't listen to Bob Seger anymore) and niche fans (definitely me, seeking out the stubborn true-ists (Tom Petty, Knopfler, Springsteen) and the new rock bands (FoW, Fighters of Foo, Winery Dogs, etc).  
    Just my own theory, FWIW.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

Everyone in the clinic wears black and we have Johnny playing throughout the clinic.  
    This reminded me of a very weird and haunting morning.  Went to an endodontist for a 2.5-hour root canal (whee, fun).  The dentist office audio system was set on some piped music, and was playing "I only have eyes for you" (shoo bop shoobop).  The source got "stuck", and kept playing that song, and snippets of it, the entire two and a half hours!  Both hygienists noted that "damn, this song goes on forever", so did the endodontist.  I couldn't point out that "IT'S STUCK, JUST TURN IT OFF!!!!" because I had 1/3 of the Harbour Freight tool catalog stuck in my mouth.  
    That song is mildly creepy to begin with, and listening to it for that time while holes were being drilled into my skull, left a permanent dent on my psyche....

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Grateful Dead, Spring 1990: So Glad You Made It
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL