Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT........RTIC coolers, visited their office in Houston today

Options
13»

Comments

• bhugg
    bhugg Posts: 317
    Options
    I just ordered the 65. Supposed to ship by the end of May. Has anyone got their cooler yet?
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Gave the 45 Pelican to #1 son and looking to purchase another 20.  Think I will go with their product.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    @bhugg  Yes there are several of us that have the coolers.  
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Options
    Just ordered the roadie in Tan.  I already have a 45 and 65 Yeti.  Wish I had know about these sooner!  
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    An RTIC thread resurrected on a Tuesday?  This would be much more fun when folks are drinking.   =)

On a different cooler note - has anyone gotten one of the Vibe coolers?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It would be nice to hear more from them as to the soft-sides that they've been testing in-house for those of us waiting for the slow boat to dock in May.. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The new Cabela's molded coolers are very nice.
    They have a larger foot print left to right because of the large hand grips but they don't have the sharp edges of the Pelican. They use the same rounded edges as Yeti and RTIC. They close and seal very nice and some are made to fit their 2 wheel dolly.
    My only complaint is their very weak warranty of only 1 year.
    Least of any of the high end coolers.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Acn said:
    An RTIC thread resurrected on a Tuesday?  This would be much more fun when folks are drinking.   =)

Yeah, when folks are drinking...
  • Lo_Gear
    Lo_Gear Posts: 108
    Options
    I just got my vibe cooler in. It's very nice, seems to be good quality, gonna do a ice test in a few days @Acn
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Lit said:
    Acn said:

I'm sure folks are drinking, but let's say aggressively drinking.  Cooler threads get as testy as politics here.

@Lo_gear - I look forward to hearing how it does.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Acn said:
    Lit said:
    Acn said:

I'm sure folks are drinking, but let's say aggressively drinking.  Cooler threads get as testy as politics here.

@Lo_gear - I look forward to hearing how it does.
    Tuesday. Just as good as Friday but half the price.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    They have a larger foot print left to right because of the large hand grips but they don't have the sharp edges of the Pelican. They use the same rounded edges as Yeti and RTIC. They close and seal very nice and some are made to fit their 2 wheel dolly.
    I have ben dealing with Pelican CS on a warped lid.  They had me "field destroy", and replaced with a new one.  Experience was great with the folks involved.  Now I've got 2 brand new 35s, 4 5lb chillin brews, and a fixer upper, or worst case part out or for my bro's bass boat.  May try and work some magic with silicone 2 and parchment. Lol
    I'm ready to go iceless this season!!!

The cable lock option is nice to have.  I just carry on with that facing out, no worries.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Focker said:
    Photo Egg said:
    I have ben dealing with Pelican CS on a warped lid.  They had me "field destroy", and replaced with a new one.  Experience was great with the folks involved.  Now I've got 2 brand new 35s, 4 5lb chillin brews, and a fixer upper, or worst case part out or for my bro's bass boat.  May try and work some magic with silicone 2 and parchment. Lol
    I'm ready to go iceless this season!!!

The cable lock option is nice to have.  I just carry on with that facing out, no worries.
    Pelican has GREAT custom service on all their products. I have several of their camera and gun cases.
    We also use their camera cases at work.
    They have always taken care of any issues.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't know how many containers of the soft-sides are still steaming this way for May delivery but an order placed today looks like June..or they've kicked delivery back on them.