Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bean Pots for Baked Beans

Options
CT Grillguy
CT Grillguy Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Read the thread "Father's Day Beans" below and saw the link for Bean Pots. Is it safe to use these Pots directly on the Egg or do you need to use a place setter or protect them with foil? They look great and I'm planing on getting one.[p]I've seen a few recipes for Baked Beans in the recipe's section, any others out there that are noteworthy?[p]
[ul][li]Bean Pots[/ul]

Comments

• Hillbilly Willy
    Options
    CT Grillguy, I would use these clay pots indirect for two reasons. They might crack from uneven heating and the beans would likely burn in the bottom with direct heat.[p]Bill

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    CT Grillguy,
    ive been using them for years in the egg. 250-275 on a platesetter or bricks work fine. some of the pots i have must be 50 years old, but those newer ones work just as well. beans, chilis, soups

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    CT Grillguy,
    I always use either the platesetter or the BGE ceramic dish under my bean pot in the Egg. If you don't, the bottom will burn. HTH.