Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Resource Limit Is Reached

Options
Hungry Joe
Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
edited March 2016 in Off Topic
So the old site just went POOF? No warning? I'm assuming "Resource Limit Is Reached" means out of money?

I know I don't post much and there has been very little action over there but does anyone know if it is coming back?

I gained a lot of knowledge there over the years. It would be a shame to see all those great posts vaporize into cyber space.

Comments

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    BTW, it's been that way for 2 days now.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Not sure. I am sure @Richard Fl can tell you
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    It has been without a web master for 2 years and limping along. I cut my teeth there 16 years ago and learned so much! I still have some great friends there who did not migrate over here and we just communicate via email. My guess is the "rent" payment was missed or the license expired. Rest in peace greeneggers.com
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    Tried to log on over the weekend and could not. The site is still pingable so the server is still up.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I would guess that the Bandwidth has been reached. I have a lot of website clients that reach their limit. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Not to change the subject, and just an opinion here, but maybe if that site wasn't so darn hard to navigate, it'd be/ have been much more popular and successful. It's really a testimant to those that hung on that it survived this long. Or maybe I'm just a moron.  Most likely the latter. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Not to change the subject, and just an opinion here, but maybe if that site wasn't so darn hard to navigate, it'd be/ have been much more popular and successful. It's really a testimant to those that hung on that it survived this long.
    Here's what happened. As the site grew more popular there was a demand to change which was met with resistance so at the time the son of the original webmaster there tried to please everyone by offering many viewing options for everyone. I once composed a lengthy chart of how to view it this way or that way along with even more tweaks by merely clicking on the various options there. Honestly, it was extremely easy to follow once you selected your preferences which stayed set for you! OTOH for a newbie then yes the format was very confusing. I'm not defending just trying to explain what happened and why it looked weird unless you lived through the evolution.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Not to change the subject, and just an opinion here, but maybe if that site wasn't so darn hard to navigate, it'd be/ have been much more popular and successful. It's really a testimant to those that hung on that it survived this long. Or maybe I'm just a moron.  Most likely the latter. 
    I registered there, but I also found it hard to navigate. So if you are a moron then I am as well. Of course we don't live that far apart so maybe it is something in the air down here. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's