Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how much to sell my small

Options
i have a small that i barely use.

what is a fair price for it?

i have cast iron top and plate setter for it

practically new 

Comments

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Where do you live?
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Since I own a SBGE and use it all the time I would go with $600 plus another $150 for education.  JK- On a more serious note, I don't know your Q alternative options but they have to be quite robust.  The SBGE is a hacker but to each his own.  Good luck-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    To each their own but, I can't stand losing $$
    Average of 1/2 retail is what you can eggspect. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I couldn't imagine selling my small. Where are you located? I might could use another one?  ;)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    I was think of selling my small as well, it has not been used in months, just sits in the garage in it's nest next to the large in its table in S.E. Wisconsin.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    lwrehm said:
    I was think of selling my small as well, it has not been used in months, just sits in the garage in it's nest next to the large in its table in S.E. Wisconsin.
    I understand you are in WI which might explain part of the reason you have not  used your small for months. By comparison how often in that same time frame have you used your Large? Also for comparison how many adults, teenagers and young children do you routinely cook for on your Large? 

We are just a retired couple of 2 with 4 eggs, but our small is our workhorse getting at least 65% of all my cooks. BTW - yes I'm a "FIB", but not from Chicago, so I'm not picking a border fight with you!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    edited February 2016
    Options
    RRP said:
    lwrehm said:
    I understand you are in WI which might explain part of the reason you have not  used your small for months. By comparison how often in that same time frame have you used your Large? Also for comparison how many adults, teenagers and young children do you routinely cook for on your Large? 

We are just a retired couple of 2 with 4 eggs, but our small is our workhorse getting at least 65% of all my cooks. BTW - yes I'm a "FIB", but not from Chicago, so I'm not picking a border fight with you!
    We fire up the large most weekends, depending on the boy's hockey schedule and other activities (2 kids in 4-H, chores at the horse barn, etc...), so I would say we use the large 4 times a month during the winter months, much more in summer.  There is the wife and me, plus 14 y/o girl, and the boy is 9.  More than anything we cooks brats and something else (wife does not do brats) and I will always cook about 3 lbs so I have leftovers for lunches, then every couple months I do a couple of butts or a brisket.  I am very picky about grilling brats, I like alot of real estate on the grill so that is why I like the large.  BTW I only dislike FIBs during Bear week, so for 50 weeks of the year, you are just a good neighbor.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sold mine with cart for $250 a few years ago. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Selling my mini. 

Provenance: some wicked early old-forum member whose name escapes me>stump-baby*>EssexCounty>stike>Darby-crenshaw

in it's own 'custom made' stand. With a new hinge/band and platesetter courtesy @photoegg

all proceeds will go to essexcounty, not to me  (I don't need a high end cooler). ...because he gave it to me for free when he moved to "the big city" and had to divest himself of ALL his eggs. Mini, small, and large

For Sale: mini BGE. In waist high custom 'nest' (read: barstool frame), pic tomorrow. With new spare hinge and pizza stone. And inpeccable provenance ('stump baby' association is invaluable. 'Stike' association is negligible.) Some chips, as to be expected with such heavy hitters. 

*legend. Legend, I tell you 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw   How much $$ for that sticky stinky weed old man?  The Mini that is. Been seriously still considering getting one for the beach arsenal to accompany the MM during salt therapy at the beach. 

https://youtu.be/_rh4YGCIbFQ

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Start high and go down if on Craigslist. $350
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • obbrown55
    Options
    I have my small for sale on cl.  I'm located west of fort worth.  Asking $375.  Here's the link to cl.  http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/for/5439422374.html