Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Throwdown: It's not the size that matters .... Picture and Votes Thread

Options

Picture Thread

13.5" or Smaller Grate Size Competition 

Course 1: Main Dish with a local ingredient - 2 Pictures, 1 on the egg cooking, one ready to serve
Course 2: Dessert - 2 Pictures, 1 on the egg cooking, one ready to serve

Detailed Rules & Comments See This Link<----- Click there

1st Place - 3" White Face Thermometer from Smokeware (graciously donated by Smokeware)
2nd Place - Local rubs and sauces from @ryantt (Thanks!)

Submissions due by February 29th, Votes tallied March 6th.

Remember as an added bonus for participants if you post your cook on Smokeware's Facebook page and send them your email they will send a free gasket to the first 25 people who participate!
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Here's my submission (all done today on my MM). Fun fact...MM was firing on all 8 cylinders for around 9 hrs temp ranging from 325℉ to 500℉ on one load of lump. Used Fogo Lump Today. 

Sometimes dessert is first. 
    Biscotti. Used King Arthur Unbleached Flour, White Sugar, 2 zested oranges (from our trees), 1 lemon zested, some pulp and juice from one of the oranges, baking powder, pure vanilla extract, roasted (on MM) & hulled hazelnuts and eggs. Baked at 325℉ w/ PS & Stone  Set-up. Enjoyed w/ some black coffee. 

And for tonight's supper. 
    Fresh Gag Grouper & Fresh Mahi Mahi  CI Pan Seared & Blackened w/ homemade sauce and a side of  rice (Lundberg Farms Jubille Rice). 

Thanks for looking.

Mmmmm....fish tacos! I like!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • jbreed
    jbreed Posts: 98
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL I LOVE the Biscotti idea.  Have a gaggle of my wife's friends coming over for a long weekend.  this is perfect!  thanks!
    Castle Rock, CO - always a Husker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Come on guys&gals I know there are more than two cooks on smaller Eggs than this!!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I went with the K.I.S.S theory. Beef ribs with Oakridge Santa Maria rub. 225-250 on the small with oak for smoke. Let 'em go until they probed like buttah. 

For sides and dessert, I had more beef ribs.  ;)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bgeaddikt
    Options
    Just read the rules haha. Should i delete myself? Oops
    Austin, Tx
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    Nope, keep calm and chive on.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    :pensive: So, it's okay to post older cooks ehh?  Making up rules as we go. Sweet. Just busting balls. :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Main: Sheppard's Pie
    Local Hamburger, Onions, Peas, Corn and Potatoes.
    Fried the onions, removed, fried the beef then added it all together.

On the Mini-Max:

On the Plate (with homemade pickles)

Dessert: Brownies

On the Mini-Max

On the Plate:

Thanks

Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • wbradking
    Options
    @fence0407 that chicken looks awesome!
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Jamie, this thing is not taking off like I was expecting. come on people post some cooks.   If I had a small egg I'd be all over this.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Jamie, this thing is not taking off like I was expecting. come on people post some cooks.   If I had a small egg I'd be all over this.  
    I'm hoping for some late additions!  Come on folks!  Doesn't have to be fancy, we just want to see the litte guys in action!!!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    ryantt said:
    I'm hoping for some late additions!  Come on folks!  Doesn't have to be fancy, we just want to see the litte guys in action!!!
    If delayed until next week I will enter but can't until then
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    :pensive: So, it's okay to post older cooks ehh?  Making up rules as we go. Sweet. Just busting balls. :lol: 
    Didn't you and @Ozzie_Isaac post a day early?  =)
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @DoubleEgger ^^^ Nope 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Bump
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Bump... Hey @Mickey and @Griffin... You giving your minis any love lately?  :)

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

No

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Dyal_SC said:

No
    The two larges get about 30% and the Mini and MiniMax split the 70.% of cooking. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Cutting it close guys.  Anybody going to post anymore cooks?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    posting is closed ......

votes counted on March 6th.
  • Tbent
    Tbent Posts: 225
    Options
    Ugh. Just missed the cutoff!$!#%!

L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Bump .... gets your votes in ladies and gentlemen! 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    One vote per person .... Better vote soon, I'm going to announce winner tomorrow.  Don't want to wait much longer.