Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket question

Options
cooking a 10 pound packer. Let rub set for 20 hours. Egg was at 220 at midnight. Put brisket on. Used maverick so could sleep. Stall at 154. Was wondering if I needed to turn up the heat a little? It's at IT 158 now. 
Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    220 on the dome thermo? Yeah I would bump it up. You are likely running closer to 200 at grate which is also around your final desired IT so will take a long time. I typically run 275 dome for brisket but that is me
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    If the above mentioned BGE temp is on a calibrated dome thermo, with most BGE indirect cooks you normally see the cooking grid start at less than the dome temp (eventually the gap closes up) you will be on this cook forever to get into the 180's-low 200's *F for the finish feel.  Another thing to consider is "when do you want this cook to be ready for consumption?"

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dfoshee
    Dfoshee Posts: 191
    Options
    Dome temp is 280. Grate temp is 244. IT is 160. Gonna try for about 6pm eat
    Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    @Dfoshee .. crank up the temp, I'd shoot for at least a 4pm finish time, that'll give the brisky time to rest. FTC.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.