Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Cover Store green egg cover

Options
Has anyone purchased the 29" diameter Cover Store cover for a Large green egg in a nest?  How is the fit?  I was interested in picking one up.  http://www.the-cover-store.com/kamado-full-cover-29-48-inch-ultima/

Comments

• Hoosier_Smoker
    Options
    I recently purchased this cover.  I don't have side tables and it fits nicely.  The length is great as it covers the legs and casters well.  Built-in vent should help with mildew or mold.  Small straps secure it to the legs if you wish.  I bought the Ultima version which comes with a 7 year warranty.  Supposedly you can get free shipping with first order if you sign up with them.  I had to call them to get this accomplished.  Overall a nice cover.
    "Get in my belly!" - Fat Bastard

LBGE - Kick Ash Basket, SS Smokeware Cap, CGS PSWoo-CI, Spider, Wok, Broil King Gasser
    Noblesville, IN
  • Eggdam
    Eggdam Posts: 223
    Options
    Ok thanks.  That is the cover I was looking at as well. I currently have the side shelves and was wondering how they fit past as this cover seems to have a smaller diameter than my BGE cover.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I have that one (Elite fabric). Don't buy it. Fits great without the shelves, but not with them. It'll go over them, but it's a tight fit. It also won't go all the way down. If you try to force it, the cover will tear. Don't ask me how I know this.

Regardless, covers are a pain. I used mine 2-3 times (before I got the shelves), put it away and haven't used it since. Except the one time I ripped it when I tried it on after I got the shelves.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggdam
    Eggdam Posts: 223
    Options
    Thanks Carlona thats what I thought.  My BGE cover that was made for a large is about 36" diameter.  However they claim that the 29" is for the large and the 34" is for the XL.
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    I can't comment on the fit, but I'm a big fan of the Elite cover from The Cover Store.  I have one for our fountain we cover in the winter, one for a TV mounted on the deck, and one for my Weber gasser.  The quality is outstanding on the Elite and I highly recommend it, if you can get one that fits.

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit