Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another pizza cook

Options

Three mushroom pie with Italian sausage, jalapeño, gruyere, pecorino, & bechamel
XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That looks and sound delicious!! If you like garlic, try adding it to the béchamel. Lights out on pizza!!

Roasted Garlic: Preheat oven to 350F. Cut the top 1/4 off the head of garlic. Rub with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in small dish, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool. Squeeze garlic cloves from the bulb and finely chop.

Garlic Sauce: Gently heat milk in small suacepan, until barely simmering. Remove from heat. In separate saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook 1-2 minutes whisking constantly. Add the milk, continuing to whisk. Add the salt and cayenne papper. Continue stirring until sauce is thick and bubbly. Add finely chopped roasted garlic.

Recipe from Epicurious, here. Good stuff!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Looks great...Always enjoy your signature gif  =)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • hoofaloos
    hoofaloos Posts: 242
    Options
    That looks and sound delicious!! If you like garlic, try adding it to the béchamel. Lights out on pizza!!

Roasted Garlic: Preheat oven to 350F. Cut the top 1/4 off the head of garlic. Rub with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in small dish, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool. Squeeze garlic cloves from the bulb and finely chop.

Garlic Sauce: Gently heat milk in small suacepan, until barely simmering. Remove from heat. In separate saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook 1-2 minutes whisking constantly. Add the milk, continuing to whisk. Add the salt and cayenne papper. Continue stirring until sauce is thick and bubbly. Add finely chopped roasted garlic.

Recipe from Epicurious, here. Good stuff!
    It's funny you said this.  It made me remember one of the toppings that I had left off the description I posted was garlic confit.  I took 10 or so cloves of garlic and simmered them in olive oil for about 15 minutes.  They were a great addition.
    XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX