Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerk Chicken on the Woo2

Options
First cook using the Woo2 direct. The wings and drumsticks were on at 300 for 1.5 hrs. Next time I may try indirect with the stone at 400.

Comments

• Powderhound
    Options
    Why would you go indirect next time?  No right or wrong answer sometimes is there?  All part of the 'eggsperience'.  
    Large, Medium, Mini, and Mini Max, a few too many accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter, powdery snow, and lots of golf.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Why would you go indirect next time?  No right or wrong answer sometimes is there?  All part of the 'eggsperience'.  
    I'm guessing it was too smoky and/or charring too fast?
    canuckland
  • annjamaican
    Options
    Perhaps for crispy skin purposes. 
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Try a low and slow with jerk next time. Fall off the bone.

250-275 indirect. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    The legs were a little to charred and a little dry. I put the wings on 15 minutes after the legs and they turned out good. Next time I will use the stone and cook indirect.
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options
    I use the same setup and prefer indirect for what you are talking about.  My favorite way I use almost every time now cooking raised, indirect at 350-400 degrees.  Then doing a reverse sear directly over the coals to finish them off and get extra crispy skin.  Nice crispy outside where you control how much char you get, and very juicy wings.  I prefer this method over frying them any day.

Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    looks good to me!

1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia