Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rtic Ship Date

Options
Any one with a ship date that changed to 1/1/15 hear anything  yet.  I'm constantly checking my order status expecting another push.  Waiting on a 45 and 65 tan.

Comments

• Angus1978
    Options
    still holding at 1/2/16....no preshipment email yet...
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    No word on my 45 either, order W248550
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    12/31/15 guesstimate date for a 45 Tan hasn't changed for me.
    Initial date was 12/3/15, but that was changed back in November. 
    Not holding my breath. I'd be happy if I receive it before Feb 1st!
    Ordered & paid 8/18/15. :|
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • JGoodson
    Options
    Cancelled my order after the latest push to 2016. I'm in no desperate need for the cooler but the poor communication from RTIC CC  and the fact I paid for my item in August to essentially get my money back last week....chaps me for loaning those guys $200 bucks with nothing more than a bad experience. 
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    My 2 tan coolers are still first week of January. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Mine still sitting at 1/1 for a tan 65. Fingers crossed. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sweet100s
    Options
    My RTIC 20 White was pushed to 1/2,  but then I magically received it last week.

First impressions here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1884308/#Comment_1884308
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    scmoose said:
    Any one with a ship date that changed to 1/1/15 hear anything  yet.  I'm constantly checking my order status expecting another push.  Waiting on a 45 and 65 tan.
    Wow, 1/1/15 was almost 12 months ago. I don't feel so bad about my tan 45 saying 12/31/15 anymore. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Yeah my bad, I think most people realized it was 2016
  • Tspud1
    Options
    JGoodson said:
    Cancelled my order after the latest push to 2016. I'm in no desperate need for the cooler but the poor communication from RTIC CC  and the fact I paid for my item in August to essentially get my money back last week....chaps me for loaning those guys $200 bucks with nothing more than a bad experience. 

When I order a container from China, it takes 3-4 months. Since most of us ordered in Aug, it makes me wonder whats wrong with RTIC? You would have thought they had these in the works for production back in Aug, now 5 months later we are still guessing. With the onset of shutdowns in China for New Years, we may be pushed out to Feb or March. They should know for a fact that these are on the water on a ship. Just going to a excuse line "will refund your money" is very bad customer service. 
  • JGoodson
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    JGoodson said:

When I order a container from China, it takes 3-4 months. Since most of us ordered in Aug, it makes me wonder whats wrong with RTIC? You would have thought they had these in the works for production back in Aug, now 5 months later we are still guessing. With the onset of shutdowns in China for New Years, we may be pushed out to Feb or March. They should know for a fact that these are on the water on a ship. Just going to a excuse line "will refund your money" is very bad customer service. 
    Absolutely. The issue here is the lack of communication for me and poor customer service. Most companies do not bill you for the product that you order online until it ships. RTIC being so new,  clearly did not have the capital to do this and in turn gauged the public's interest and the demand was exceptional. Requiring the consumer to pay up front provided them the funds to place these orders with your money. 

I don't know this to be fact but I assume this was the case.
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    must have been a delay with the tans, my white ordered 8/18 was delivered a week ago
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    They are getting them in batches. First was a batch of white, then a batch of tan (where they skipped my order number), and now a batch of white. Their CS sucks and their order/shipping system really sucks. This better be the best trouble free cooler ever because I would hate to go through a warranty claim with them.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    I had an issue with a Yeti 30oz lid.  2 emails and a new lid was sent to me.  Had it within 3 days of them learning of my issue.

1 email was problem description, 2nd email was my address.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • scmoose
    Options
    Guestimated ship date still holding at 1-1-16.  They say they will email you a week from the ship date, so I should be getting an email early next week then.  Not holding my breath. 
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    People- I was a none believer as well but please hold on it will be well worth the wait. I recieved mine and am very happy I did not cancel my order that I almost did twice. Hang in there and happiness will be your soon enough!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    Options
    That's what you get when you buy from a shady knockoff company.  
  • Tspud1
    Options
    must have been a delay with the tans, my white ordered 8/18 was delivered a week ago
    Now that was exceptionally quick! You must have an inside connection to get such good service 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    nth78 said:
    That's what you get when you buy from a shady knockoff company.  
    ^^^^^^^^ this!!!!!!!! If you aren't happy just cancel your order. What? That's the customer service you want? You officially bought a **** cooler if you bought an RTIC. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Hey, Mike - speaking of customs and China did you ever get that customer's shipment delivered that was needlessly hung up in customs for over a year?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    Options
    Go ahead and place your order now if you want to give an RTIC cooler or tumbler as a gift for Christmas 2016.  There's a pretty good chance you'll get it by December 23!
  • scmoose
    Options
    Looks like the 45 shipping today, now for the 65.  Still sais the remainder of my order to ship on or before 1/1/16
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I have all 3 RTIC sizes in white in my possesion and a yeti to compare it to. I'll take the wait and buy 2 coolers that I like better EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Lit
    Options
    I have all 3 RTIC sizes in white in my possesion and a yeti to compare it to. I'll take the wait and buy 2 coolers that I like better EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    None of the RTIC can compare to the Yeti 50 and if you used the REI 20% off coupon you wouldn't have saved alot. Not to mention the crappy customer service people are reporting from RTIC. Good luck when you have an issue.
  • Lit
    Options
    tonyled said:
    Lit said:
    None of the RTIC can compare to the Yeti 50 and if you used the REI 20% off coupon you wouldn't have saved alot. Not to mention the crappy customer service people are reporting from RTIC. Good luck when you have an issue.
    do you have to comment on every rtic post?  your trolling is amateurish at best and really rather boring.  if i actually believed you spent as much time worrying over what someone else spent their money on i would actually feel very sorry for you.  however, since you admitted to trolling, i still feel really sorry for you since you are obviously trying to get a rise out of your audience and failing miserably.

I'm pretty sure I missed atleast one since thats all you people post about. Nobody cares you finally got your cooler.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Lit said:
    I have a Yeti 50 and a Yeti Roadie (20), I also have 3 RTIC 20's on order, I will keep you posted on how they match up. I'm not going to say one is better or worse but there can't be that much difference in rotomolded, plastic, beer coolers. I really think a lot of this is brand vs price. But, like I said I will compare and post honest results. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    I am growing tired of the LITany of RTIC bashing.  Some folks ordered some some coolers from a company who decided they too could import rotomolded coolers and cups from China, probably made down the river from Yeti's overseas source.  "Let it go, let it go, how we keep em cold shouldn't bother you anyway". If our LITigious system hasn't stopped em, let's see if they hold up well enough to be worth 1/2 the price, sheesh!  
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • fishlessman
    edited December 2015
    Options
    RRP said:
    Hey, Mike - speaking of customs and China did you ever get that customer's shipment delivered that was needlessly hung up in customs for over a year?
    @rrp
    i got it thru, but it was riddled with bullet holes. they actually shot it but the damage was accepted by the company and we were able to get it working thru a rep over there. we had a bigger problem shipping the same style lab equipment to argentina because the word vessel was on the cargo papers, us customs thought we sent over a warship and locked the money transaction =) try explaining that you can not ship a war ship on an airplane in a tiny little box, and dont joke about a vessel being a tank
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    paper mill digester

warship

httpwwwecanadanowcomwp-contentuploads201302starbucks-on-a-warshipjpg

fukahwee maine