Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vision Grill Lump at Sam's Club

Options
Hawg Fan
Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
20 lbs for $9.99.  After a closer look, it's mesquite lump manufactured for Vision Grill in Mexico by Best of the West.  I tried some of this a couple of years ago and would only recommend it for grilling beef steaks or hamburgers. Mesquite has too much of a strong profile for poultry, pork or seafood in my opinion.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX

Comments

• RichH
    RichH Posts: 41
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The last couple bags of this stuff I used has been about 30% crumbs and dust. I would not recommend it. 
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Smokeware Chimney, Kick Ash basket, Rutland Gasket and BBQ Guru DigiQ

St. Petersburg, FL
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    RichH said:
    The last couple bags of this stuff I used has been about 30% crumbs and dust. I would not recommend it. 
    As I appreciate your comments and it's good to know about the small pieces, this can happen to any brand of lump.

It would be so much more useful if you could tell us your likes and dislikes when cooking with the lump. 
    Compared to your "choice" lump does it burn clean or give off strong smoke flavor? Does it spark more or less? Does it burn longer? Does it start easy?
    Thanks for any information about the quality of the lump.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas