Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prepping tomorrow's cook with my favorite helper

Options
Bart1434
Bart1434 Posts: 160
Love reading thru this forum prior to taking a trip to the meat market, always a recipe for something! Ran into some chuck roasts on sale so decided to try my hand at some pulled beef, seasoning it with some meat church holy cow.  Hoping to get this dialed in tomorrow during my
lunch break and let it go low before braising it. Thinking of going with some onions, peppers, and a spicy enchilada sauce maybe!Sorry Harley, no meat for you!

Southwestern, CT

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

...and to eat some great Food of course

Comments

• OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    Options
    Nice...
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • eggsurance_agent
    Options
    Keep us posted, looks good!
    LBGE
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Your helper needs a thought bubble. :smiley: 
    Looking damn good!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Cute pup. I see that look every day too  =)
    Jacksonville FL
  • Randall_Lee
    Options
    Change out the dog for my Doxie and it would be a daily event. The little sucker is going to break my other ankle trying to keep from tripping over him when food is around.
    Niceville, Fl
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Off to a great start. Throw the dog a bone.
  • Bart1434
    Options
    on the egg finally, little later than I would of wanted but the chuckie is on, now here's to hoping I am out of work in time to braise!  Hoping to pull off egg into braise at 155-166 IT.  If only I could train my dog to do it!

Southwestern, CT

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Bart1434 said:  Hoping to pull off egg into braise at 155-166 IT.  If only I could train my dog to do it!
    I am quite sure that the removal part would not take much of a training problem. The delivery to braise might take a while :o
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Last time I cooked a chuckie I just ran it to 204 then pulled.......it was awesome!!  Didn't need to braise.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Bart1434
    Options
    @northGAcock I agree with you there, she will stop at nothing to eat some real food!

@gatraveller thanks for the tip, will keep in mind for next time, braised them in a mex style sauce and veggies, the lady wanted a variation of barbacoa for taco Tuesday 

Southwestern, CT

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Bart1434 said:
    @northGAcock I agree with you there, she will stop at nothing to eat some real food!

I also used to have an American Bull named Harley. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lemonade
    Options
    A dog pic as your image, how trite.    er....
    Is it done yet? Is it done yet?
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That sounds awesome. Enjoy! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA