Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cold recipe ideas

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife is hosting a shower next weekend and she has asked me to try and come up for some food ideas off the egg. She does not want me cooking or preparing during the shower so whatever I come up with needs to be pre-made and served cold. Microwaving is not an option since she wants no stress of any kind preparing food the day of.[p]Thanks for the help in advance. [p]Jake

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    jake57,
    my stuffed flank steak rolls were originally intended to be served at room temps. ...make em the day before. ..stick em in the fridge un-sliced, then slice them and platter them for the party. . ..[p]

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    jake57,[p]Off the top of my head....smoked cheese, smoked salmon and smoked turkey breast can all be served cold. I do them with several kinds of fancy crackers. I also do a chilled glazed pork tenderloin with a plum dipping sauce & toasted sesame seeds on the side. For a non-meat item, I like asian noodles, served at room temperature.[p]All of these can be prepared a day or two ahead of time. I can hook you up with recipes if you like.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    jake57,
    This recipe is good served hot or cold.
    Larry

[ul][li]Chicken Cordon Bleu [/ul]
  • Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    jake57, smoke some big arsp shrimp the day before and make shrimp cocktails....T

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    jake57,
    Roll some sushi using pulled pork, slaw and a tad of BBQ sauce. I have been wanting to try this for an anything butt entry at a competition.

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yo Jake, I would go with a boneless pork loin. Cook it until it hits 140º - 145ºF tops. Let rest, allow to cool and refrigerate. After the roast is chilled, slice the roast thin and serve cold. You can use what ever rub that trips your trigger.[p]Another variation of the boneless pork loin is the Canadian Bacon recipe listed on the Dizzy Pig site and linked below. Once again, slice the roast thin after it is cold and serve cold. I have had rave reviews when I have served this "ham" cold.[p]Lager,
    [ul][li]Candian Bacon ala Dizzy Pig[/ul]
  • Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    jake57,
    I would opt for a cold potato soup and garnish with cold smoked shrimp or make a cold cucumber soup with a hint of melon and garnish with cold smoked lump crabmeat.