Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SV + Egg = great Tri-Tip

Options
Probably the best tri-tip I've made this year. Started frozen then mostly, but not completely thawed (on countertop for ~3 hrs). 4 hrs in SV at 129F then pulled out and trimmed. Usually I'd trim before the SV, but these tri-tips I've been getting come very nicely vacuum sealed from the meat shop and I have a lot of problems with my FoodSaver. After trimming way the fat cap (very easy after SV) I hit it hard with John Henry Mojave Garlic and let it rest for a bit before searing. Seared very hot and fast (over 700F) on a grid with the Woo as close to the coals as possible. Great crust, great flavor, great texture. Sliced like butter. We did have some leftovers that ended up as french-dip sandwiches the next night and they were out of this world!

One of my favorite cooks, will certainly do it again!

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI

Comments