Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd Annual Brisket Camp is ON

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    http://www.algierspoint.org/home-tour.html

This home tour is the day of brisket camp and on Sunday.  There are some beautiful historic homes on the tour that will blow your mind.
    Count me in to throw in on the band, I'll talk to my buddy Jeremiah too. He may play for food.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SoMdEggHead
    Options
    I cannot wait to retire to the gulf coast! This is a party we wish we could make!  .. Someday we will and no promises on the nudity part! laissez les bons temps rouler!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Dang I wish I could be there. If you need a RD card let me know, I'd be happy to help out.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I talked to Warren - owner of Warren's corner yesterday and he double booked the location.  There's a wedding there on Oct. 17th. 

Ergo, I'm in a crappy mood, sorry - I'm trolling where I can as a passive aggressive db.

Anyway, the venue is changing.  Looks like we're going to be doing the brisket camp at a different location.  I'm talking to a friend of mine who has an old restaurant literally one block away from my house.  We are on track at having the event there.  On the up side, the kitchen is fantastic and we're closer to my house.  On the down side, we're not across the street from a bar, but we'll have our own.  And this place is a bit dilapidated, although it's being renovated at the moment, that just adds character.
    Options
    The bride doesn't want to hire brisket camp catering company?  That would've solved the band.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I still say we go to the bar, get drunk, and crash the wedding. I'll bring my camera and a name tag that says "Grand Nuptials Picture Taker".
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    I talked to Warren - owner of Warren's corner yesterday and he double booked the location.  There's a wedding there on Oct. 17th. 

Ergo, I'm in a crappy mood, sorry - I'm trolling where I can as a passive aggressive db.

Sorry there is no "I commiserate with you" button.  :(  Hopefully you can get all worked out without (more) major headaches.
    New Orleans LA
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    No big deal. I'm sure we'll have fun wherever  we go.  Could you post up the address for us?  

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I sure will when I have it finalized.  I'm in the 500 block of Belleville St.  70114.  It will be a block away.  
    Options
    Warren's loss. The bar owner will need a drink or two when he realizes the revenue loss. No worries. Its bound to be a smashingly good time... as long as Tony is in plain view at all times...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Well that certainly sucks...and to think the wedding got top billing...at least there is some time for recovery.  The brisket gods or heathens will work with @nolaegghead to straighten this out.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    The new venue is confirmed.   We will have a commercial kitchen as a bonus.  I'll send the address out shortly.
    Options
    Start hiding the sheep... @henapple is on his way. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I'm in Nola this weekend at KOA West over near the airport.  Let me know if you need any help with anything.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy thanks man.  I will this weekend.   Fishing and boating stuff last weekend.  Fun is over on the water for a while...this party is on and I have a billion tasks...
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy thanks man.  I will this weekend.   Fishing and boating stuff last weekend.  Fun is over on the water for a while...this party is on and I have a billion tasks...
    I'm competing in the Downtown BBQ Showdown in H'burg this weekend. 

Is there room for the RV at the new location? Or should I just plan on parking it at a RV park?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy There's room for your RV.  Absolute worst case would be you're a block or two away but I think you can park on the street in front of the place.
    Options
    Is there an available sewer for the RV as well? lol!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Is there an available sewer for the RV as well? lol!

I actually plan to wear that outfit all weekend. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Dammit, we'll clash!

There are some storm sewers - the raccoon underground as we say.  Flood those suckers out with sewage... Alright, I know better.....
    Options
    OK, so on Thursday afternoon (Oct 15), around 3 or 4, whoever is in town and wants to go for a boat ride to a bar....we're taking out a 38' trawler and heading to the RV camp ground bar/dock that's on the industrial canal by lake Pontchartrain (near the lakefront airport).  We'll be leaving from the new orleans harbor. 
    Options
    Nice, that's where I'll be camped till we Figure out if there is room to move the RV anyhow
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I figured you'd be there at least the first day. 

I'll probably bring my little 17' center console too so we can zip around and pick up any stragglers.
    Options
    I figured you'd be there at least the first day. 

I'll probably bring my little 17' center console too so we can zip around and pick up any stragglers.
    Make sure you leave with one less PFD than is required for the crowd. Duke fans get to learn to swim. Quickly.  
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    This is the new location and surrounding area.  
    the street
    Options

Options

Options

Options
    Do the neighbors have any idea what's going down?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker