Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many bags of lump in your stash!

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Bout 520lbs 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • AaronH
    AaronH Posts: 145
    You guys must have a lot of room, wow. 
    XLBGE /MiniBGE / Maverick 733 x 2/ Woo2 / CGS 17.5 Stone

North Carolina land
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    AaronH said:
    You guys must have a lot of room, wow. 
    It's all about priorities...
  • 8 bags of RO
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    370 lbs of OO, 20 lbs of Rockwood and 18lbs of RO.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    only 5 20lb bags of Rockwood

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hawg Fan said:
    370 lbs of OO.
    OH BOY! I assume you have that "Ozark Oak gold" stored in a secure electronic enhanced space with a guard dog or two in case of power failure!!  ;)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    23 - 20# bags of Rockwood on hand for me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Currently about 1/2 bag of RO and 1/4 bag of Rockwood.  Fresh bag of Rockwood coming on Saturday.  I like to let Home Depot and ACE store it for me.
    I'm with you, storage is a premium. SAMs club is 1 mile and offers 20lbs in the $9-11 range depending on what they are stocking, they recently switched from best of the west to vision and the price went up to $11, but about to try my first bag.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    DMW said:
    23 - 20# bags of Rockwood on hand for me.
    I've got 3 more bags than you. Nanny nanny boo-boo.  Lol

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • 20 30lb bags of Humphrey. I usually but 30 bags at a time in a group buy.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • I've run dry. time to order another pallet
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'm down to 1 bag.  I can always get it here and JIT is efficient.
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    feef706 said:
    Currently about 1/2 bag of RO and 1/4 bag of Rockwood.  Fresh bag of Rockwood coming on Saturday.  I like to let Home Depot and ACE store it for me.
    I'm with you, storage is a premium. SAMs club is 1 mile and offers 20lbs in the $9-11 range depending on what they are stocking, they recently switched from best of the west to vision and the price went up to $11, but about to try my first bag.
    Also, down here stores carry lump year round.  HD stocks lump and grills all the time - no replacing the outdoor furniture section with snow blowers!
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Five bags of Rockwood and six bags of Wicked Good
    Wyoming           XL BGE & Primo XL 400
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    ... no replacing the outdoor furniture section with snow blowers!
    Funny you should mention that ... there's a lineup of snow blowers outside the Big R store right now.  Since the fall solstice was just a couple of days ago and we only get a couple of feet of snow, that seems to be pushing the season a little.  Spoil sports.

On topic ... a little over 300 lbs of Rockwood ... and one lousy 8 lb bag of Royal Oak ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I don't stockpile, just order from Firecraft as needed.  Currently 1 bag of Rockwood and 5 bags of Ozark Oak are on hand.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• 6 bags of Central Market Oak charcoal, and a full XL firebox since I cleaned it out this weekend, and a big ol' sack of pecan wood chunks. I don't go to the store often, but when I do I usually pick up a couple of bags.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Stock up when it's on sale.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    30 - 10 pound bags of WG Competition Blend, 10 - 22 pound bags of the same.

15 - 22 pound bags of WG Weekend Warrior

5 or 6 bags of WG's Jake's Blend

For some odd reason I don't use the CB to often  ;>)
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Stock up when it's on sale.
    Nice stacking. You must be OCD.  =)
  • Stock up when it's on sale.

Maybe just a little! :l

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    ... no replacing the outdoor furniture section with snow blowers!
    Funny you should mention that ... there's a lineup of snow blowers outside the Big R store right now.  Since the fall solstice was just a couple of days ago and we only get a couple of feet of snow, that seems to be pushing the season a little.  Spoil sports.

On topic ... a little over 300 lbs of Rockwood ... and one lousy 8 lb bag of Royal Oak ...
    Yesterday to be exact, sir.  Fall is my favorite time of the year. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited September 2015
    Actually, yesterday was the Autumnal Equinox. Solstice is summer and winter. Longest and shortest days. :glasses: 
  • I'm not sweating lump.  The warehouse for Forest Lumps boxed lump is just down the road.  Last time I was there, there were HUNDREDS of20# boxes.....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited September 2015
    Only 1 measly bag of Rockwood right now. Im trying to work a deal with a local store to buy a pallet though  =)
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Stock up when it's on sale.
    I've heard that truly obsessive people prefer to call it Compulsive Disorder, Obsessive.

That way it's shortened to CDO, which is in alphabetical order.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Got about 7 or 8 bags of OO left.  Just finished a trial bag of Rockwood.  I need to get more Rockwood or something else so I don't burn through the OO too fast.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • About 180 lbs left bettween RO and Sugar Maple. I have not used the RO sinse i picked up the maple. Waiting for Lowes to have a sale hopefully this fall and I will stock up on more Maple. Right now its still 19.99 a bag.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada