Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey if y'all are serious about this...

Options

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I love when Canadians use "yall". It warms my heart. 

Everybody in Canada lives in the south.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,121
    Options
    With the example we set, no wonder we suck at spreading democracy across the world.

No matter how many people we bomb, or drones we fly, people just don't want to emulate us. :bawling: 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    and our lobster is from maine.... least the stuff we get around here.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Little Steven
    Options
    Can we call this thing Hadrian's part deux

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    BRush00 said:
    Photo Egg said:
    avibug said:
    As long as Justin Bieber is on the north side of the wall.
    If we toss Miley Cyrus over...think they will toss her back? Ha...Ha

Don't forget, some of us are French (not myself; but SOME of us...)....

We'll load her up, and trébuchet her back at you:

you could launch seriously big bags of milk with that =) now i understand why milk comes in bags up there
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Steve has C.O.U.S.s (Coyotes Of Unusual Size) around his neck of the GWN.  One things for sure, I hope the fence keeps them up there!
    Flint, Michigan
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Steve has C.O.U.S.s (Coyotes Of Unusual Size) around his neck of the GWN.  One things for sure, I hope the fence keeps them up there!
    we should have built this fence years ago, new englands loaded with french and huge coyotes
    fukahwee maine

• Little Steven
    Options
    we should have built this fence years ago, new englands loaded with french and huge coyotes

How do you know they aren't the ones that stayed on after they were your allies in the War of Independence? The French I mean, not the coyotes.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,405
    Options
    What Republican candidates will say to get space from Trump.  And it will only get more entertaining the longer that Trump carries on. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    Options

How do you know they aren't the ones that stayed on after they were your allies in the War of Independence? The French I mean, not the coyotes.

The French Canadians

French Canadians were the second major immigrant group to settle in Lawrence. In 1872, they erected their first church, St. Anne’s, at the corner of Haverhill and Franklin Streets. Within decades, St. Anne’s established a “missionary church”, Sacred Heart on South Broadway, to serve the burgeoning Québécois community in South Lawrence. Later it would also establish the "missionary" parishes in Methuen: Our Lady of Mount Carmel and St. Theresa's (Notre-Dame du Mont Carmel et St-Thérèse). The French-Canadians arrived from various farming areas of Quebec where the old parishes were overpopulated: some people moved up north (Abitibi and Saguenay Lac-Saint-Jean), while others moved in industrial towns to find work. ( Montreal, Quebec; but also in Ontario and United-States). . Others who integrated themselves into these French-Canadian communities were actually Acadians who had left the Canadian Maritimes of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia also in search of work.

and this is when most left the area, they really lost this fight, it was knives verse hatchets =)  there are still some acadian french around from the old days after being kicked out of canada but they are more centered around nola ;)

Events of the 1980s and 1990s

Immigrants from the Dominican Republic and migrants from Puerto Rico began arriving in Lawrence in significant numbers in the late 1960s, attracted by cheap housing and a history of tolerance toward immigrants.[citation needed] In 1984, tensions between remaining working class whites and increasing numbers of Hispanic youth flared into a riot, centered at the intersection of Haverhill Street and Oxford Street where a number of buildings were destroyed by Molotov cocktails and over 300 people were arrested.[13][14]

fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    edited September 2015
    Options
     people just don't want to emulate us. :bawling: 
    Sure they do. They emulate us all the time by adopting our culture, music, stores, celebrities...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,121
    Options
     people just don't want to emulate us. :bawling: 
    Sure they do. They emulate us all the time by adopting our culture, music, stores, celebrities...
    The cool stuff, but not our gov't.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    From a humorous article title.

"Nation w. crumbling roads and bridges excited to build wall..."

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Found that here

http://www.sitnews.us/Columns/1006/100406_dale_mcfeatters.html

A historic monument in the making
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    We could build the wall and Canadians would apologize.  =)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • canegger
    Options
    henapple said:
    And we would probably help for nothing and supply the beer
  • Little Steven
    Options
    henapple said:

We'll apologise our asses off if you just build it

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    The funny part is that the last few times we went shopping across the border, we spent under a minute with the US border patrol agents and more than 30 minutes with Canadian border services agents...

Options
    Why did I come here???  Why?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
  • bbqlearner
    Options
    Should make a wall all around our country in the first place to keep us safe from sea attack too  =)

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• fishlessman
    Options
    Should make a wall all around our country in the first place to keep us safe from sea attack too  =)
    maybe we could put it inland on the california side =)
    fukahwee maine

• rosem
    rosem Posts: 48
    Options
    Scott Walker is an idiot. 
  • UncleFred
    Options
    Ya think they could make a fence that might stop dem winter cold waves that Canada sends our way too?

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Don't think Miley would be good for the wall.....  Remember what she did to that poor wrecking ball!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That was a sticky situation, indeed.
    Options
    The word on the street is "Scooter" wants to build a wall on the Wisc/Minn border too. Turns out it's not to keep Minnesotans from coming here to visit but to keep Sconnies from moving permanently over there...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...