Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

igrill2/mavericks

Options
getting ready to buy a remote thermometer for low and slow cooks.  Wanting one with at least two probes so I can monitor both meat and ambient temps.  Need recos.  Thanks.

Comments

• A5firearms
    A5firearms Posts: 163
    Options
    I have the Maverick 733 and have no issues at all. For the price I am happy with it. Range is good between the two units, seems to be very accurate in comparison to other thermometers and boil test. Don't get water in the probes while washing or it could ruin them.
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Mavericks get occasional dings for reliability, but generally a great unit.
    Igrills are well liked but I am always afraid of Bluetooth range. Actual owners rave about them so I'm probably all wet.

i know it's a hella lot more money but have you thought about full blown temp controllers like CyberQ, FlameBoss200, Stoker etc? Then you just build/light Fire, attach the blower, set pit probe on grid or in dome, set your desired pit temp and target temps for meats and then go sit on couch and watch the stability on ur home wifi.  

Big dollar investment but so was the egg.   It sure takes temp mgmt stress outta your weekend :-).  

LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    I have and use regularly the iGrill Mini & iGrill2. IGrill 2 has 4 probes so you can use ambient or meat in any configuration. Range is fine 
  • Smokehouse33
    Options
    I also have the igrill 2 and love it. I do wish the Bluetooth could go a bit further, but it works just fine. I also have the ambient probe for grill temp...I really love that option. 
  • BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    Options
    I also have the igrill 2 and love it. I do wish the Bluetooth could go a bit further, but it works just fine. I also have the ambient probe for grill temp...I really love that option. 
    I couldn't say it any better. I love mine, especially for quick temp checks on overnight smokes without getting out of bed.