Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

landlock salmon recipes

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,776
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
79b47f13.jpg
<p />any one have a thought on how to cook one of these, i was thinking stuffed baked, any recipes. they are very similar to rainbow trout in taste and texture, not like salt water raised salmon. was going to be last nights supper, but someone brought over some lobstahs
974e229d.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    fishlessman,
    w/t/f?!?!?![p]no call? i was literally right around the corner!
    damn..... [p]i gave you my cellphone number for times just like this.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    Options
    41e91e7e.jpg
    <p />stike,
    solid packed hard shell

fukahwee maine

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Nice fish, around a 4 pounder? Some folks think stuffing and baking whole is kind of bland, but I love them that way. On the inside, I always use a layer of good mayonnaise, then usually some onions, lemon slices, herbs & some seasonings. Then I make a foil pouch and add some wine.[p]What I really like is filleting at the table and lifting that whole backbone and rib bones out in one piece.[p]I guess another option is to score the skin on each side, marinate and grill that girl.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    fishlessman, what better time to experiment with a little salmon jerky? If you're interested, email me.
    Scott

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    fishlessman,
    i put my way through college dancing under that as a stage name.[p]three 2.5#- 2-3/4# lobstahs? i'm guessing it was dad and the girlfriend what brung 'em over! what do i win?

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    Options
    stike,
    they were just about 3 pounds each and your right about dads girlfriend. she brings over 3 3 pounders, a bag of steamers, 2 love seats, a lazy boy, a large wine rack cause she wants every thing to match in the camp. im still waiting for dad to tell me i owe her my share for the surprise gift. got the potpuoiri out of the bathroom only to find some kinda powder puff thing in there.

fukahwee maine

• Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    fishlessman,
    I was about to comment on how tiny your plates were...but then read the posts below. So, you went ahead and ate that whole 4.5 pounder yourself?[p]Paul

• fishlessman
    Options
    Essex County,
    the only lostah i couldnt finish was a baked stuffed 6 pounder from the old bishops in lawrence with a side of double cooked french fries. the stuffing included the tails from 6 other lobsters. the shell was so hard that i had to break out some industrial tools to get into this feast. i ordered it to go

fukahwee maine