Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-I guess Easy week night fajitas

My wife is out of town this week(and the next two) so I'm on my own for dinner.  Around 4 today I decided I wanted fajitas for dinner.  I thought I had some chicken in the fridge but didn't so I went with what I had, sausage.  Once again I love the blackstone griddle.  I started cooking the veggies a little before the meat with a little butter and DP fajitaish.  After that I mixed everything together for a delicious mess on the griddle.  I put a little chipotle ranch on the bottom of the tortillas, added the goodies, and then topped with some homemade crumbling cheese.  Thanks for looking! 
1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 

Comments

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    I'm sorry somehow the pics got out of order and I don't know how to fix it from my phone.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Man that looks awesome.  German/Mexican fusion! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    What you did there, I see it. ;)  great loOking grub boss. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Grillin_beers
    Man that looks awesome.  German/Mexican fusion! 

Yeah,  let's say I was trying for that! I'm pioneering a new food movement, lol.  Thanks for the compliment man! 

• Grillin_beers
    Thanks @saluki2007

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    I'd hit that!
    GWN
  • Grillin_beers
    Nanook said:
    I'd hit that!
    Thanks man! 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Great looking meal! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Acorn
    Acorn Posts: 163
    Nicely done. Looks great
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • I did fajitas tonight too...yours look great....
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Grillin_beers
    @johnkitchens @acorn and @Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic thanks so much for your kind words.  How did your fajitas turn out mike?  I tell you the blackstone has stepped my fajita game up a notch.  If any of y'all are on the fence about getting one I highly recommend it. 

• They were great...but yours looked better...I've never had them with sausage but will need to try it...I got a 10 pack of petite sirloin and vac packed them and cooked SV for about 8 hours today...meanwhile I cut up some red and green peppers and onion and cooked them on the egg in a cast iron skillet...when they were done I seared the steaks...sliced and we chowed down before I got any pics...

I was happy with the cheap steak in the SV...we will do that again.
  • Grillin_beers
    @Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic I really want a SV but I think I'll have to wait until Xmas since I just bought a blackstone.  Your fajitas sound great.  I had never done it with sausage before either but it was all I had the fridge.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  If it had been chorizo they would have been perfect. 

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    That looks great.  You all need to stop posting the griddle pics.  I've managed to avoid buying one, but pictures like these keep showing up...
  • Grillin_beers
    LDR said:
    That looks great.  You all need to stop posting the griddle pics.  I've managed to avoid buying one, but pictures like these keep showing up...
    I'll take that as a huge compliment man.  I honestly never thought of buying one until I was drooling over @Thatgrimguy's photos.  I had a half moon griddle and figured that was enough.  A couple of weeks later I was putting together a griddle in the back yard!  

• I picked up a CI griddle for Xmas last year but I haven't used it much...and not on the egg at all yet...one of these days... I got the Anova for an SV...I just use a large pot from Walmart for the vessel and it works pretty well...I need to use it more too....glad to see them getting more popular...always looking for new good ideas to try.
  • Grillin_beers
    I picked up a CI griddle for Xmas last year but I haven't used it much...and not on the egg at all yet...one of these days... I got the Anova for an SV...I just use a large pot from Walmart for the vessel and it works pretty well...I need to use it more too....glad to see them getting more popular...always looking for new good ideas to try.
    I haven't done a ton of research yet but I know I want one.  I need a Food Saver(or something like it) as well as the SV correct?   

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Noooo reason to eat alone when you could have invited me over!!
    Those look great!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Grillin_beers
    Chubby said:
    Noooo reason to eat alone when you could have invited me over!!
    Those look great!
    If you are ever in Spartanburg come on over! 

• I haven't done a ton of research yet but I know I want one.  I need a Food Saver(or something like it) as well as the SV correct?   
    Yep...it helps, that is what I use... I have heard you can get away with ziplock bags , and to be fair I have not tried them, but I suspect they would leak and let in water....I am also a fan getting all the air out of the bag so it's less likely to float around the top and stays fully submerged, which is seamless with a vac sealer.  it is an interesting technique... I looked at a diy unit that I could use with a roaster or crock pot, it looked interesting but in the end I got an Anova and have been very pleased.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I hate you! :tongue: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I haven't done a ton of research yet but I know I want one.  I need a Food Saver(or something like it) as well as the SV correct?   
    Yep...it helps, that is what I use... I have heard you can get away with ziplock bags , and to be fair I have not tried them, but I suspect they would leak and let in water....I am also a fan getting all the air out of the bag so it's less likely to float around the top and stays fully submerged, which is seamless with a vac sealer.  it is an interesting technique... I looked at a diy unit that I could use with a roaster or crock pot, it looked interesting but in the end I got an Anova and have been very pleased.
    I use ziploc freezer bags without issue.
  • I haven't done a ton of research yet but I know I want one.  I need a Food Saver(or something like it) as well as the SV correct?   
    Yep...it helps, that is what I use... I have heard you can get away with ziplock bags , and to be fair I have not tried them, but I suspect they would leak and let in water....I am also a fan getting all the air out of the bag so it's less likely to float around the top and stays fully submerged, which is seamless with a vac sealer.  it is an interesting technique... I looked at a diy unit that I could use with a roaster or crock pot, it looked interesting but in the end I got an Anova and have been happy with it.
    I use ziploc freezer bags without issue.
    That is good to know, sir...I had read about it but never tried them...I used some on occasion to thaw stuff out in warm water in the sink and they almost always let water in...but to be honest I may not have used ziploc brand...we have a tendency to buy whatever is on sale ant they may also not have been freezer rated.

Ever try to use a ziploc bag in a sealer?  I know it works on things like bag of chips.
  • Grillin_beers

That's it @NPHuskerFL I'm calling you out! Gotta protect my E-rep homie, lol.  

• Grillin_beers
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for all the info on the SV y'all!  I think I can get one for Xmas,  but not before then.  I would probably be single if I kept buying cooking stuff.   I'm going to keep all this in mind when I'm making my list for Santa! 

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Thanks for all the info on the SV y'all!  I think I can get one for Xmas,  but not before then.  I would probably be single if I kept buying cooking stuff.   I'm going to keep all this in mind when I'm making my list for Santa! 

The more I cook on the egg, the less she cooks inside, and the happier she is. 
  • Grillin_beers
    LDR said:

The more I cook on the egg, the less she cooks inside, and the happier she is. 
    @LDR my wife can't even find our kitchen, lol.  She hasn't cooked a single meal in the three years we've been married or the 7 years we dated before that.  Spend enough money and eventually she'll care. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629

https://youtu.be/WNJqZI3hOdg
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Grillin_beers

https://youtu.be/WNJqZI3hOdg
    Hahaha.  Nice man.