Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bustin' out the "Old School" Gurus!

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
These babies will soon be collectors items ....but they both still work like Champs!!
I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• Double Bogey
    Double Bogey Posts: 635
    Options
    You trying to make me feel old Evans.  I have one of these that I bought from Shotgun Fred himself. Like yours mine still works great.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    That's cool!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubby
    Options

You trying to make me feel old Evans.  I have one of these that I bought from Shotgun Fred himself. Like yours mine still works great.
    Me tooooo lol!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Actually I believe mine is older than yours. Mine came in a cardboard box and I store it in this pistol case! I'll be using mine tomorrow so it sure isn't in moth balls!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Chubby
    edited July 2015
    Options
    RRP said:
    Actually I believe mine is older than yours. Mine came in a cardboard box and I store it in this pistol case! I'll be using mine tomorrow so it sure isn't in moth balls!

Dittol on the Pistol Case ;)
    (great minds thinking alike and all that)
    I don't know... both of mine came in the cardboard boxes as well!!  Yours could be older as a matter of fact...we may have to go to carbon dating to determine it!
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    A Jameco power supply!  We're old fellas
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I wonder if mine mine be even old schooler (older school?).   It is a PID controller circa 1995.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Chubby
    Options
    I wonder if mine mine be even old schooler (older school?).   It is a PID controller circa 1995.  

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options

Morning All:

I know mine isn't quite as old as Ron's since I got the idea of the gun case for storing from him

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    edited July 2015
    Options
    i believe i have you both beat =) an origional bbq guru pitmaster

came with three temp settings, i think 195, 215, and 240.  each setting can be tweaked
    photo DSC_0005-3jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it