Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chubbys Outdoor Kitchen Chronicles ... nearing completion! (Pic heavy)

Options
2»

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Chubby said:
    Still have some odds and ends to finish up, a table to fabricate, and the stamped overlay to put on the concrete ...but at least I've got a place to cook in the shade, and some tunes to listen to now !!

Fountains and landscaping to finnish as well!!

It only feels like about 103 today...any takers on helping with landscaping...lol!!!

That's pretty amazing, Evans! You done good, son.........Joan and I might need to check that out next Winter and spend a few weeks there helping you with the landscaping!!??
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Very nice! Could you give me some dimensions so I kinda figure the size of it? . I'm about to build a 22x16 awnings. And just wondering if it's gonna be big enough. Oh and those cowboy cauldron is cool. 
    The slab itself is 24 x16.
    If I could have I might have made it a couple of feet wider... Like 24 X 18 or 24x20...  but I was limited by where I could tie it into the house.

That said... I'm not complaining, seeing what I had before!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Options
    egret said:
    Chubby said:
    Still have some odds and ends to finish up, a table to fabricate, and the stamped overlay to put on the concrete ...but at least I've got a place to cook in the shade, and some tunes to listen to now !!

Fountains and landscaping to finnish as well!!

It only feels like about 103 today...any takers on helping with landscaping...lol!!!

That's pretty amazing, Evans! You done good, son.........Joan and I might need to check that out next Winter and spend a few weeks there helping you with the landscaping!!??

Thanks John...that's high praise coming from the Mayor of Hiiawassee... who lives up on a hill like a King!!
    You two would always be welcome anytime you could get this way!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    Great setup very jealous!!
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Mad jealous, amazing space!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Very nice kitchen. Do you folks with outdoor kitchens worry about smoke residue on the ceiling? 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Chubby
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Very nice kitchen. Do you folks with outdoor kitchens worry about smoke residue on the ceiling? 
    Thank you!

At least in my case they are pretty close to the edge of the patio ....also I have two fans overhead,  but I'll let you know in 4 or 5 years ;)
    I have done a couple two or three overnight cooks and with the fans (and all sides being open so the breeze can blow through) it doesn't seem to be a problem so far.

• snoqualmiesmoker
    Options
    Amazing.  Thats more than a kitchen.  Thats a work of art.
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Beautiful setup Chubby!
    Options
    Man that's a great setup. One day I hope to have an outdoor kitchen. And if it looks half as good as that I will be happy. 
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Looks great. Would love to build something like that. I have a vine covered pergola right now and most guests never want to go sit out there. So not building something like that yet.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @Chubby   Very nice job you've done - looks great.  I really like the inclusion of the corrugated metal.
    Phoenix 
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Finally.....  All I can say is WOW!  You really out did yourself.  Well thought out and designed.  Beautiful too.  Gonna be worth the 8 mile trip from Spring to Cypress to see it, as soon as we get an invite.  Might even drink some of your bourbon while I'm there.  Wouldn't be right not to celebrate the occasion .   Maybe you can arrange for a party-bus shuttle between the Chicken Ranch and the Chubby Hole during the Coop Fest in September.  I'm sure the growing crowd would appreciate seeing it.  And by the way, the 'Girls' want to come too, but I said no.  No telling what kind of wild desires they might pick up seeing your new digs.  Great place for a Chubby Fest.  Can't wait to see it in person.
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    There should be a "Want" button. "Like" just doesn't do it. 

Awesome set up. Inspiring, even. Use it in good health!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Chubby for President! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    That looks inspirational @chubby I'd love to have an outdoor space such as that to cook in. I know you'll enjoy it.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    I love 
    - the corrugated metal backsplash
    - that you planned for trash so well
    - how the gray / blue color goes so well with tones in the brick

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    elevating the game,  roof needs the advertising we talked about........commercial pilots have eggs........lol

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Chubby
    edited July 2015
    Options
    tjv said:
    elevating the game,  roof needs the advertising we talked about........commercial pilots have eggs........lol

t
    Most'est proud of having a place to store about a hundred bags of lump....just  like my hero!!
    Now if I could just find somebody to sell me some...lol!!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Outstanding. That's incredible Chubby!  Really really nice.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum