Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT : Aldi Food Stores - CI Serving Platters

Options
dldawes1
dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
I saw on a FB forum where Aldi grocery stores has CI Steak/Fajita serving platters with wooden underlay and handle sheaths on sale for $7.95 each.    Lodges are around $30.  Don't know the quality...but could very well serve the purpose.

Anyone have an Aldi around them?

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    I try to resist impulse buying, but now you've done it.  Thanks a lot  ;)
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • dldawes1
    Options
    I think you are doomed if you want to resist impulse buying AND you are a member here !!!!    Too many opportunities of "must have" eggcessories !!!!

Sorry my friend!  If you do happen to check them out, please let me know what you find out. I've got a store about 20 miles away, but I don't know when I can get there !

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    A comal too. Circular says the sale is for the week of the 12th. So today's the last day.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• dldawes1
    Options
    I've got a friend checking the Aldi near me.  I'm at work :(

• dldawes1
    Options
    Booom !!  Just scored 4 !!!   CI only, no underlay or handle pad for the $7.99.  Got a friend to make the underlays though.   Been looking off and on for 6 months for these...at this kind of price....Hot steaks and fajitas on the table Baby !!!!  I'm excited !!

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    My nearest Aldi had a couple of the fajita sets (pan, wood, handle insulator), but I didn't think I'd have a use for them.  They had a better number of the comals, which I thought might be useful for frying an egg or two.  None of the grill pans.

So, I bought one comal, and just got to cleaning it and was going to start seasoning it, when I noticed the bottom is not flat :(

It wobbles in any direction.  I'm not sure whether to just return it (not even sure if Aldi allows that) or live with it and see how it performs or try grinding some material off the bottom center.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Get a flap disc and try to flatten it out yourself. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• dldawes1
    Options
    I never posted my finished product.