Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My latest XL BGE table (the 7th I've built)

Options
It's been a long time coming but the BGE is cooking again.  I built my first table several years ago based on the generic plans from BGE.  After that I began building tables for others as a hobby.  One day someone came along and wanted a table right away so I sold my original table right out from under the egg.  It gave me the opportunity to build one that had all of the features I had been wanting: a drawer for the platesetter and pizza stone, another drawer for smaller accessories, storage for charcoal and other bulkier items and a folding shelf on one end to give me more prep space while being small enough to fit under the standard BGE cover.  Made out of cedar with 2 coats of teak oil for a richer look and protection from spills.  Did my first cook over the 4th of July weekend to rave reviews.

First picture is of the original table I built and the second is the new and improved version.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Really nice!  Where did you get the the hinge mechanism for the side table? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nklenke
    nklenke Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks!  I got these folding brackets from Woodworker's Hardware.  In the time since I bought those, I've seen several on Amazon for cheaper and with free shipping so I would probably go with those on any future tables I build.  I just made sure to go with stainless steel in order to avoid any problems with rusting.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
  • walleyv
    walleyv Posts: 147
    Options
    Super nice table!  If you were to build one identical to the new and improved table what would you charge including material?
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Very nice!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• shannonlcorum
    Options

Looks great! One day I'll tackle a table. Just don't know where I'd put it.

ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • nklenke
    Options
    walleyv said:
    Super nice table!  If you were to build one identical to the new and improved table what would you charge including material?
    Thanks @walleyv !  I would charge $1200 for one exactly like that including all material and hardware with a finish of 2 coats of teak oil
  • walleyv
    walleyv Posts: 147
    Options
    nklenke said:
    walleyv said:
    Thanks @walleyv !  I would charge $1200 for one exactly like that including all material and hardware with a finish of 2 coats of teak oil

Wow that's not a bad price.  Thanks!
  • nklenke
    edited July 2015
    Options
    walleyv said:
    nklenke said:
    walleyv said:

Wow that's not a bad price.  Thanks!
    I have a page on Craigslist with all the details if you're interested.
  • nklenke
    Options
  • shadowrider
    shadowrider Posts: 108
    Options
    Love that pine!
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    nklenke said:
    walleyv said:
    Thats a steal with the egg! =)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • nklenke
    Options
    Love that pine!
    Western Red Cedar actually
  • nklenke
    Options
    tamu2009 said:
    nklenke said:
    walleyv said:
    Thats a steal with the egg! =)
    Oh yeah, egg not included :)
  • Blackwidow98
    Options
    nklenke said:
    It's been a long time coming but the BGE is cooking again.  I built my first table several years ago based on the generic plans from BGE.  After that I began building tables for others as a hobby.  One day someone came along and wanted a table right away so I sold my original table right out from under the egg.  It gave me the opportunity to build one that had all of the features I had been wanting: a drawer for the platesetter and pizza stone, another drawer for smaller accessories, storage for charcoal and other bulkier items and a folding shelf on one end to give me more prep space while being small enough to fit under the standard BGE cover.  Made out of cedar with 2 coats of teak oil for a richer look and protection from spills.  Did my first cook over the 4th of July weekend to rave reviews.

First picture is of the original table I built and the second is the new and improved version.

Hello, I'm trying to come to a decision on the dimensions for my xl table.  The 1st picture of your original design looks like what I'm imagining in my mind. It doesn't look like the 60 wide x 32 deep that's on the bge web page. To me the plans on the Web page would be too small of a table.   Will you share your measures on your original design please?  
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    nklenke said:
    Thanks!  I got these folding brackets from Woodworker's Hardware.  In the time since I bought those, I've seen several on Amazon for cheaper and with free shipping so I would probably go with those on any future tables I build.  I just made sure to go with stainless steel in order to avoid any problems with rusting.
    Are these hinges $40 each on that site? 
  • Tspud1
    Options

nklenke said:
    walleyv said:
    Can they be shipped?

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

nklenke said:
    walleyv said:
    Can they be shipped?

Lol, @Tspud1 careful, no tables can be sold on the forum.  This looks like an unscrupulus dealer.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Just wondering? I was going to tell him about this hinge at a lower cost
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    I like the wheels from your first one. Where did you find them at? 
  • Kraffty
    Options
    Your new table looks great. What are the dimensions of it?  Every table I look at is either too small or two tall for me.  I am looking for some plans to try and build one.
  • nklenke
    edited January 2016
    Options
    nklenke said:

Hello, I'm trying to come to a decision on the dimensions for my xl table.  The 1st picture of your original design looks like what I'm imagining in my mind. It doesn't look like the 60 wide x 32 deep that's on the bge web page. To me the plans on the Web page would be too small of a table.   Will you share your measures on your original design please?  
    @Blackwidow98 I believe it was 60" wide x 29" deep.  I went up to 32" deep for the new table.

• nklenke
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    nklenke said:
    @Tspud1 Yes they are, but the ones I found on Amazon are under $20.  What kind are those you posted in a later comment?
  • nklenke
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    I like the wheels from your first one. Where did you find them at? 
    @DuckDogDr They are flat free hand truck tires from Amazon.  It was a bit hard to move with the wheels at just one end which is why I went to casters on the new table.
  • nklenke
    Options
    Kraffty said:
    Your new table looks great. What are the dimensions of it?  Every table I look at is either too small or two tall for me.  I am looking for some plans to try and build one.
    @Kraffty Thank you! The tabletop is 58" wide (76" overall with the fold up shelf) x 32" deep and it's 34" tall.  I wish I had some plans to share with you but I just built it as I went.
  • Dfoshee
    Dfoshee Posts: 191
    Options
    That's a fine table. I would love to build one like that. 
    Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    That 2nd table is GORGEOUS!!!  Looks to nice to keep outside!!!  Love all the built in storage and the fold down extension!   Being a craftsman, you will enjoy the thread I did on my 1st table fer my large....It's still holding up strong, but really needs a good sanding and re-sealing.  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/910180/from-tree-to-table/p1  BUT, I'll probably hand my large down to my daughter when she gets out of nursing school and moves into her new place and get me a new one.  Then I may focus on a better build like yours....just don't think my craftsmanship is at that level though!!!
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • nklenke
    Options
    @Jai-Bo Thanks for the compliment!  Your thread with all of the pictures is awesome!  Very cool to be able to cut your own lumber and build it with that. Looks like your craftsmanship is right up there with mine, I'm sure you could pull this one off.  If I get some time in the near future, I'll try to post some plans.
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    nklenke said:
    @Jai-Bo Thanks for the compliment!  Your thread with all of the pictures is awesome!  Very cool to be able to cut your own lumber and build it with that. Looks like your craftsmanship is right up there with mine, I'm sure you could pull this one off.  If I get some time in the near future, I'll try to post some plans.
    Awesome brother.....  I'll probably even incorporate my MM I will be getting this month into a new table.  Feel like a gitty school girl waiting on my prom date with my MM coming in!!!  It'll be a lifesaver fer the camper/boat/hunting camp!!!!    Thanks!!!
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Tspud1
    edited January 2016
    Options
    nklenke said:
    Tspud1 said:
    nklenke said:
    @Tspud1 Yes they are, but the ones I found on Amazon are under $20.  What kind are those you posted in a later comment?

Message me and I'll get you info or a sample