Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OHIO - Where to buy an Egg?

Options
Alright,

I hate to be the "Wal-Mart" shopper here and I ALWAYS support local business (own one myself) but I am just curious to know where a good place to buy another Egg would be? I have already purchased two Eggs from Mr. Mulch in Columbus, OH. My first purchase (L) was about $1500 after tax. That included the Egg, plate setter, nest, ash tool, calzone press, apple-wood fish board, burger patty press, and a bag of lump... My second Egg (S) was around $605 out the door and it included the Egg and the plate setter... I also was quoted at $1200 for an XL in May and that was just for the Egg... Are these fair prices for OHIO? 

After researching online it seems like MR. Mulch is a little on the high side when it comes to average prices for eggs...

Any help would be nice. Just curious to see what people have found in the Buckeye state. Thanks! 
Owner of:
1 - Large BGE
1 - Small BGE
1 - Mini BGE

EggHead since 2014 

Comments

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    XL BGE in Canton was 1200 for egg, 2 bags of charcoal, nest, plate setter, ash tool, grill gripper with Webers large chimney,  delivered and  set up.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• sinc86
    sinc86 Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow, where at in Canton? Custom Fireplace Shop?
    Owner of:
    1 - Large BGE
    1 - Small BGE
    1 - Mini BGE

EggHead since 2014 

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Custom Fireplace Shop
    5537 Whipple Ave NW
    North Canton, OH  44720

Phone: 330-499-7341

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    sinc86 said:
    Alright,

I hate to be the "Wal-Mart" shopper here and I ALWAYS support local business (own one myself) but I am just curious to know where a good place to buy another Egg would be? I have already purchased two Eggs from Mr. Mulch in Columbus, OH. My first purchase (L) was about $1500 after tax. That included the Egg, plate setter, nest, ash tool, calzone press, apple-wood fish board, burger patty press, and a bag of lump... My second Egg (S) was around $605 out the door and it included the Egg and the plate setter... I also was quoted at $1200 for an XL in May and that was just for the Egg... Are these fair prices for OHIO? 

After researching online it seems like MR. Mulch is a little on the high side when it comes to average prices for eggs...

Any help would be nice. Just curious to see what people have found in the Buckeye state. Thanks! 
    Get one next week at the Porkopolis Eggfest.........great discounts and you get to go to a top-notch eggfest. http://porkopoliseggfest.com/
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Try Specialty Gas House in columbus. They are great t deal with. Call before you go and ask if they are doing the food pantry discount (bring 10 canned goods for I think a 10% discount). 
    http://specialtygashouse.com
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Hibby said:
    Try Specialty Gas House in columbus. They are great t deal with. Call before you go and ask if they are doing the food pantry discount (bring 10 canned goods for I think a 10% discount). 
    http://specialtygashouse.com
    They quote a price "after" the 10% "discount" so you bring the cans, they donate the cans. It might feel good but it's a load of you know what. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Specially gas house is having an egg fest in October 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • sinc86
    sinc86 Posts: 23
    Options
    @Jstroke , are they going to be in Upper Arlington on the 31st? 
    Owner of:
    1 - Large BGE
    1 - Small BGE
    1 - Mini BGE

EggHead since 2014 

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe Posts: 406
    Options
    Nothing good about Ohio.