Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toronto Eggfest 2015 ... here we go !!

pantsypants
pantsypants Posts: 1,191
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
Just locked in my cook menu .
Getting pretty excited . Its going to be a fun day .
Toronto

Comments

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    As of now, weather.com has it as a 40% chance of rain. I hope it changes between now and then...
  • pantsypants
    60 % chance of no rain is pretty good !
    when are you  coming down ?
    Toronto
  • Big_Green_Craig
    I fly in Friday mid afternoon. I've heard about the venue's great view so I am anxious to see it. 
  • pantsypants
    Yeah its beautiful down by the water .

Toronto
  • Big_Green_Craig
    So what are you cooking?
  • pantsypants
    I just locked down my menu .  This is what i have ........ let  me know what ya think
    Toronto
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    I just locked down my menu .  This is what i have ........ let  me know what ya think
    WOW - talk about setting the bar high! Can't wait to try those cinnamon buns! I'm getting pumped now.
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Big_Green_Craig
    I'm a huge paella fan so the brisket and pork paella has me intrigued. I hope I make it by your tent for that and the bacon cinnamon buns! 
  • pantsypants
    Funny i think the cinnamon buns recipe  came from your site a few years ago . We have tweaked it a bit but its basically from your site ... Also I am intimidated for you to try my paella as I have seen pics of yours !
    Toronto
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Can't wait.  @BigGreenCraig - I've been checking the weather daily, it's been changing almost day by day.  Fingers crossed for little to no rain.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Haha!! I'm anxious to see how the tweaks play out. I may have to revise the recipe! 

It sounds like you are taking it in a completely different direction. Mine is more traditional, but I like the fact that BBQ if being introduced. When I was at the Indy Eggfest VIP night a couple weeks ago, I was put in charge of the paella station. They did paella 3 ways: my traditional recipe, a veggie recipe and a Paella Negra (not my recipe). It had squid ink mixed in and it was topped with quail eggs at the very end. Very unique looking, but it was amazingly delicious.

I'm looking forward to trying everything!  
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    I know where I'm hanging out most of the day! :) Great looking menu.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • pantsypants
    Craig , The recipie i am talking about is the cinnamon buns . As far as the paella ... I have made it once with brisket and really was delicious .  Its definitely not traditional paella but its delicious non the less .
    Toronto
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Can't wait to try it all on Saturday!  Check Accuweather.ca for probably the best forecast here, but its too soon to tell, check on Friday, guaranteed some kind of weather on Saturday with a mix of delicious BBQ!
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Wish I could be there. Another time perhaps. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • AD18
    AD18 Posts: 209
    Hoping to head up around noon.  Could not make it last year so excited about the weekend. 
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited June 2015
    Woohoo glad I'm not cooking this year and will have better chance of sampling more dishes. @pantsypants , amazing menu, btw you know the drills, save some for other cooks, including previous years' cooks, before serving the mass ;)  
    canuckland
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    As for the weather... I'll just look at the sky Saturday morning!

Looking forward to having you in Toronto @BigGreenCraig! If you have time, check out the CN Tower Edge Walk!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I can't wait! I'm not sure what all is planned, but I know there is a trip planned to the Butchers Son
  • pantsypants
    Hey Gary you will have to line up like the rest of them :) 

looking forward to seeing you 
    Toronto
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    WoW i think I'LL starve myself  (Thrusday,Friday) for Saturdays feast
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

Pictures! We'll want to see pictures!!!

Sounds like it will be a fun time :) . Make sure LS doesn't head butt anyone... those little people hurt.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • pantsypants
    edited June 2015
    I am sure that @Canugghead will have plenty of time to take pictures as this year he is to lazy to be cooking .
    Toronto
  • YYZegger
    Does anyone know if there will be accessories to purchase at the Toronto Eggfest, looking to buy a Woo2 for my LBGE.
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • pantsypants
    there will be accessories but Dicksons do not carry those .
    Generally you have to get those from the guys at ceramic grill store and pay a **** ton of $$ on shipping to canada .
    Toronto
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    YYZegger said:
    Does anyone know if there will be accessories to purchase at the Toronto Eggfest, looking to buy a Woo2 for my LBGE.
    What @pantsypants said.  If you do order from CGS, request shipping by USPS only, to avoid ridiculous brokerage fees.

I think Dickson will be selling most 'mainstream' accessories at a special eggfest discounted price, not sure if KAB will be discounted though.
    canuckland
  • pantsypants
    @Canugghead . I have ordered from CGS and their products are amazing ! I have the AR and its the greatest. That said because of the nature of my business i have that stuff shipped to Detroit and have one of my trucks bring it to Toronto .
    Pretty sweet deal for me !!
    Toronto
  • bweekes
    Yea definitely no CGS stuff there, but KABs and smokeware caps will be a plenty I suspect. Wouldn't mind picking up a Eggfest edition smokeware cap, especially given that mine has ceased up almost completely. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • YYZegger
    Thanks guys for the info, the shipping and customs etc I was trying to avoid....
    Very sweet deal for you @pantsypants!  Oh well, a trip to Home Depot for a raised grate I guess and some fire bricks will do the trick for now until I goto the USA next time?  Looking forward to Saturday, my first Eggfest, bike riding distance from my house to work off all the BBQ, and the weather has changed for the better, looks like no rain on Saturday for now!
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • bweekes
    edited June 2015
    YYZegger said:
    Thanks guys for the info, the shipping and customs etc I was trying to avoid....
    Very sweet deal for you @pantsypants!  Oh well, a trip to Home Depot for a raised grate I guess and some fire bricks will do the trick for now until I goto the USA next time?  Looking forward to Saturday, my first Eggfest, bike riding distance from my house to work off all the BBQ, and the weather has changed for the better, looks like no rain on Saturday for now!
    There's always CBI USA. Works great for me, especially when I'm at clients out in the Burlington or Niagara area - just a quick dip across the border to grab the package and back!
    Ajax, ON Canada