Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

B-egg-els

SBGE with a 10" baking stone from CGS.  Baked a dozen bagels at 450 degrees, four at a time.

Comments

• maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Interesting! About how long at that temp?
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Those look fantastic! Out of curiosity what lump did you use, and did it impart any smoky flavor to the bagels?

One of the things I've had the hardest time with on the egg is baking, because I've found it absorbs so much smoke. Rockwood and Wicked Good Jakes are the only two lumps that I'll use for baking for that reason. 
  • Those look fantastic! Out of curiosity what lump did you use, and did it impart any smoky flavor to the bagels?

One of the things I've had the hardest time with on the egg is baking, because I've found it absorbs so much smoke. Rockwood and Wicked Good Jakes are the only two lumps that I'll use for baking for that reason. 
    Royal Oak.  While I do make sure the egg is burning clean before I bake, if there is a little smokiness to the bagels (and I haven't noticed any), I'm not sure that would be a bad thing.  Ref:  the Wood Fired Bagel:  http://eltana.com/menu/ .

Here's today's lunch:  bagels lightly toasted with cream cheese, DH's  cold-smoked sockeye salmon, and fresh greens from the garden.  Finest kind.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Solid!
    Seattle, WA