Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokeware cap

mjk412
mjk412 Posts: 113
im going to be getting the smokeware cap for my large bge.  However, my bge already has a felt gasket on. Should I take this off or just use it with the smokeware chimney?  I really don't want to remove the felt if I don't have to. 

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Felt gasket on the dome opening? If so, use it.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Try the Smokeware cap with the gasket that is on the egg now.  If the cap fits tight, you're golden.  If it's not tight, you might consider replacing the BGE gasket with the gasket that comes with the Smokeware Cap.  A tight fit will help with shut down.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    I have one and used the gasket that came with the smoke ware cap, works great, although the cap needs a deep cleaning.  I was thinking oven cleaner, any suggestions?
  • blukat said:
    I have one and used the gasket that came with the smoke ware cap, works great, although the cap needs a deep cleaning.  I was thinking oven cleaner, any suggestions?
    Oven cleaner works great.  Spray it, walk away for a while, spray it again, wipe away all the filth.  Makes it look almost brand new.
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA