Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Playing with Pasta

2»

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Dredger said:
    Awesome machine, cookin biker. I have a Simac that I bought in the mid 80's. Still runs like a tank. How long does it take to dehydrate the pasta in a dehydrator? I've always just cooked it after making it.
    It depends on a lot factors. Moisture, altitude are the first. We live at about 6.000 ft, very dry air. Our pasta dehydrated very quickly. We use the dehydrator for about 20 minutes to have a dry pasta like the commercial. Usually we dehydrate only the pasta without eggs.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    WOW and WOW that is some great looking food that would take a lot of work but worth every minute 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Like Molly I live "high and dry", and use a pasta rack for drying anything I won't be cooking right away (including egg pastas).  
    I broke down and bought a dedicated pasta rack:

...because using chair backs, broom handles, oven racks, etc were a pain.  Yeah it's a unitasker [/Alton] but works great, and worked even better when I discovered, over a year later, that the center post pulls out, and is a "half" tube that works fantastic to grab the cut pasta out of the machine, and then "roll" it onto the rack's arms.  d'Oh!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Botch said:
    Like Molly I live "high and dry", and use a pasta rack for drying anything I won't be cooking right away (including egg pastas).  
    I broke down and bought a dedicated pasta rack:

...because using chair backs, broom handles, oven racks, etc were a pain.  Yeah it's a unitasker [/Alton] but works great, and worked even better when I discovered, over a year later, that the center post pulls out, and is a "half" tube that works fantastic to grab the cut pasta out of the machine, and then "roll" it onto the rack's arms.  d'Oh!  

Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    I just ate pasta for dinner, but this is in an entirely different league.  I would eat a 2nd dinner of this if available!  Nice work!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2015
    I don't even know where to begin.  Absolutely amazing work guys, epic f'n post.
    Makes me wanna bust out the KA rollers.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529

Here is ours, Imperia Monferrina Dolly Mini P3, it is a great pasta extruder.

Great now I have to get one of theses things! How can you not get on to produce the assume looking pasta. Now how can I rite this off on the buisness account? 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin