Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Tri-Tip with Citrus-Chile Butter

Options

My friends at YC Media and Oxmoor House Publishing sent me another wonderful Cook Book Southern Living ULTIMATE book of BBQ, to try and review.

The beginnings of the Citrus-Chile Butter.

Citrus-Chile Butter rolled in plastic wrap and into the fridge.

Picked up this great looking Tri-Tip at the meat market, seasoned with salt and pepper.

On the Grill Grates in the BGE @ 425* direct

After 10 minutes I added the green onions

I pulled it at 25 minutes, I would say it's going to be perfect!

Added the butter to the top of Tri-Tip and the tented for 10 minutes.

I'm sure this is going to wonderful they put so much great and informative pictures, insights, and recipes into this Southern Living ULTIMATE book of BBQ

This is a wonderful very tasty meal thats going to the top of my to do list. In the forward Robert Moss States that: For a long time, we Southerners were rigidly parochial in our barbecue preferences, insisting that "real barbecue" was whatever local style we ate growing up. In recent years, though,  aided by television shows, books, and the Internet, we'er becoming increasingly well versed in the abundant and diverse varieties found across the south. We enjoy sampling a wide assortment of sauces, meats, and side dishes, and deciding for ourselves the ones we like the best. This book brings those various recipes together into a single volume that surveys the many different ways that Southerners cook and enjoy barbecue today. It starts with the basics-the history, the cuts of meat, the equipment. And then it's time to get cooking.

I'm really enjoying grilling and smoking from this wonderful book.

Recipe:http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-tri-tip-citrus-chile

Thanks for lookin!

Ross

Comments