Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Busy Big Green Eggs in Ireland

Options
Our good friend and long time Egghead, Roger Beck, aka Irish Rog, from Limerick, Ireland, is busy earning an Egghead reputation to be proud of.

Here's the latest story about him and his passion for the Egg.

http://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/i-barbecue-52-weeks-a-year-31168749.html

Roger came to Texas in 2014 for the Salado Eggfest, and to experience some "real Texas BBQ."

Thirty minutes after his plane landed in Houston, he was tasting a Texas favorite, Chicken Fried Steak at Texas Roadhouse.

On the way to Salado, we detoured to Lockhart for some Black's BBQ, followed by a wonderful Mexican dinner in San Antonio, and in line at 8:15 AM for some Franklin's BBQ in Austin, where he got to meet Aaron Franklin himself and to be given a personal tour out back to see where and how his famous briskets are cooked.

By the time we arrived in Salado, Roger was well prepared to enjoy a full weekend of hanging out with Eggheads and doing what he loves to do - Cook on the Egg.

IrishRog Cooking 2 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

By the time we took him back to the airport, he had to have another Chicken Fried Steak, but not before he got the complete royal treatment at the Chicken Ranch, including the tour of the Coop and a breakfast that included grits.

Now he wants to come back.

He's working on it.

And he wants us to visit Ireland.

We're working on it.

Way to go Roger. Nice article, and now that we've met you, we know every word is true.

Spring "My Irish Eyes Are Smiling Deep In The Heart Of Texas" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• yellowdogbbq
    Options
    Great story! 
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    Great story. What's the deal with the egg converted into a planter? Probably a sad story.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Great story and sounds like a great person to meet. My wife and I visited Ireland for our honeymoon and have been determined to go back. Perhaps a rendezvous with this fella would be the icing on the trip. Roger that
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I remember meeting Rodger in Salado. Nice guy. He schooled me on his version of a potato pizza.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX