Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sam's Club Zero Warranty Eggs

Options
When is BGE going to clamp down on this practice.  Things like this are bad for the mothership's brand when 1000's of eggs keep showing up at Sam's club with zero warranty being sold as brand new cookers by Wal-Mart.  

A lot of potential Kamado buyers get pretty ticked when things like this happen.  When is BGE going to finally jump on Wal-Mart for unauthorized re-sales of their products?  This is 4th time these zero warranty eggs have shown up at Sam's.  They all come with warranty cards so the end user may not know any better.

http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/19574-big-green-egg-and-sams-club/page-2
2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Someone is going to go for warranty and get denied, then BGE will be the worst company ever to everyone they meet. Sad. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    From what I have read here on this forum is that the store would warrant the product. They couldn't deal with the mothership or another dealer, but the store itself would warrant the purchase. 

True or not I don't know, and I won't be finding out. I only deal with real Egg dealers. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    I know a little of how things work in Bentonville, AR. and it's not likely Sam's Club is buying from a dealer. They would work with the manufacturer, offer to buy in bulk, and negotiate price like a terrier shaking a rabbit.

This is likely BGE excess inventory they're dumping to Walmart at less than dealer wholesale - could be there is a known defect on a few thousand eggs they don't want to warranty. Dealers don't want eggs with a manufacturing defect anyway.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    DieselkW said:
    I know a little of how things work in Bentonville, AR. and it's not likely Sam's Club is buying from a dealer. They would work with the manufacturer, offer to buy in bulk, and negotiate price like a terrier shaking a rabbit.

This is likely BGE excess inventory they're dumping to Walmart at less than dealer wholesale - could be there is a known defect on a few thousand eggs they don't want to warranty. Dealers don't want eggs with a manufacturing defect anyway.
    This is likely Sam's club being dishonest by purchasing BGE product from retailers over time and putting a couple in each store by region to make themselves look good? Basically buying product as a consumer and then trying to pass them off in their Sam's Club stores as new product to pass their store off as high class. My local Sam's Club manager told me they were a BGE Dealer and the warrantee is good. When I offered to call BGE from my cell phone he walked away and would not talk to me. DISHONEST practice as Sam's Club does not care about lying to the customer.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    Shopping at Sams is like shopping at Walmart. Yea NO!!!!
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    I had heard a rumor several years ago when Sam's (or Costco) had Eggs out west, the Eggs had been sold to a Housing developer that wanted Eggs to give away with each house, 300 were sold and all ended up in a discount house. Hard to control, it seems they do try.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    This comes up every couple of years or so. Costco was selling them a few years back.

Does it matter if BGE won't honor the warranty, if the retailer (Sam's Club in this case) does? Didn't someone here return their BGE to Costco after it broke? I would check what Sam's intends to do about replacement etc in the event of warranty claims, since it does not sound like BGE mothership will not service any warranty for these. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    caliking said:
    This comes up every couple of years or so. Costco was selling them a few years back.

Does it matter if BGE won't honor the warranty, if the retailer (Sam's Club in this case) does? Didn't someone here return their BGE to Costco after it broke? I would check what Sam's intends to do about replacement etc in the event of warranty claims, since it does not sound like BGE mothership will not service any warranty for these. 
    Correct, the best you would get is a Sam's Club one year money back refund. Although my local Sam's claimed BGE would cover the lifetime warranty as there were a BGE Dealer. This would not take into account all the stuff you purchased to fit the grill as most customers would never venture back to BGE after this fiasco.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    It just seems like a bad idea considering how much time and effort has been spent building BGE's brand equity over the past 43 years.  Hopefully Sam's will cover the units for 1-year at least.  

It could also backfire with average consumers if there are defects that result in bad reviews.  I'd love to tell you people are rationale but it takes 30 seconds on Twitter to prove that wrong. 

What's worse is poor job their staff did setting-up the demos.  There's a few pics out with demos at Sam's clubs where the lids are crooked and the nests are not assembled correctly.  It's poor representation of the brand. 

Minimally, Sam's and Wal-Mart should put a notice on the boxes and display units to let the public know what the warranty will be on the refurb or manufacturered 2nd's they're purchasing. 

There's no notice on these units.  The end result is Joe consumer only sees the BGE warranty card. 
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    @stlcharcoal is on FIRE. 

Totally agree, 2-3 years ago this happened at Costco and that's when the big box store no warranty exerpt on the website went into the warranty.  

Here is why it's BS, Jimmy buys an egg from Sam's Club and post 1 year has a cracked firebox, now SC won't return it, and BGE will laugh about his warranty claim. The innocent consumers are being punished and BGE is doing it intentionally, bad practice.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited April 2015
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

Here is why it's BS, Jimmy buys an egg from Sam's Club and post 1 year has a cracked firebox, now SC won't return it, and BGE will laugh about his warranty claim. The innocent consumers are being punished and BGE is doing it intentionally, bad practice.

Where did the "1-yr" thing come from?  Is that a Sam's deal?  I dropped my Sam's membership long ago when Costco opened a store closer to me.  At Costco, there's no time limit.  I just returned a $150 patio heater I got shipped from Costco.com 3-4 years ago.  It was kind of a POS from day one, but I used it anyway because I knew when it finally died I could return it.....which I did a few months ago.

One other thing I'll add about BGE's lifetime warranty, I bought my first BGE in 1993 for my father.  There was only one dealer in St. Louis and it was $299 will ALL the accessories (except for the cover which was $17.99.)  About ten years ago the firebox finally broke.  That dealer has long been out of business.  I called BGE in ATL and they shipped me a new one, and I covered the $15 for UPS.

A few years ago (after the buy out), it happened again, I called BGE and they told me I would have to produce a receipt because of internet sales, blah, blah, blah.  I said it was 1993.....Al Gore had not invented the internet yet, and when I got the internet a year later my email address was some ten digit number @ CompuServe.com   There was no gray market back then and I could easily prove through pictures that this Egg was pre-gray market era......long before this BS policy.  They offered to sell me a firebox at wholesale + freight which came to about $70.  Screw that.

Luckily I know a few BGE dealers & distributors, and had a new firebox no charge a few days later.  But, that's because I had some pull--I didn't want to use that, but had to.  The average Joe consumer doesn't have that weight and would have been screwed by some arbitrary policy made up AFTER they purchased their Egg.

Still love my BGE's.....they're great.  But the "lifetime" warranty isn't worth the card it's written on unless you have a dealer that is willing to honor and process the claims.

Time to post some Tommy Boy meme's about "guarantees" when "I've got spare time".  LOL

• Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    @stlcharcoal - Thanks!
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed I will.  I got spare time.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5dpBpaFiMo

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• stlcharcoal
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Haha, There it is.  thanks.
  • Photo Egg
    Options

I rarely defend WalMart/Sams/Costco, but in this case I will.  This public lynching is ridiculous because they not to blame (as companies).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@sticharcoal

They are to blame...when a store manage will look you in the eye and lie…claiming to be official BGE dealer when they are not.

Please explain to me how this is honest and not wrong.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @stlcharcoal True Dat!  Sam's Club, BJs Wholesale, Costco etc aren't buying these on the DL it's all legit. I probably wouldn't buy one from them. However, if somebody else did and had a warranty claim why couldn't it be processed as usual?  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • MeatChurch
    MeatChurch Posts: 200
    Options
    @stlcharcoal True Dat!  Sam's Club, BJs Wholesale, Costco etc aren't buying these on the DL it's all legit. I probably wouldn't buy one from them. However, if somebody else did and had a warranty claim why couldn't it be processed as usual?  
    Because they (Sam's, etc) are not an authorized dealer. I talked to some folks in the know about this just last week.
    Pretty interesting. supposedly, the item is purchased and re-sold in store in hopes of increasing memberships which lead to more revenue. You see a BGE at Sam's, you tell your buddy "Sam's sells BGEs." Buddy signs up for membership. 
    XL, Large, Mini-Max in Texas - Big Green Egg Competition Team 

• aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

They are to blame...when a store manage will look you in the eye and lie…claiming to be official BGE dealer when they are not.

The problem with this argument is that you're assuming the manager knows they're not an official BGE dealer.  Why would a store manager not think that they're now an authorized dealer if Walmart Corporate is starting to send them stock in Big Green Eggs?  The Eggs are either coming to the store on a Walmart truck or from the distributors truck.  If I was a manager at a Walmart that had BGE products in it and someone asked me if I was an authorized dealer to sell it, my honest answer to you would be yes, they're in the store for sale so we must be.  Store managers don't know the specifics of the relationships and deals Walmart purchasing makes with companies.  They just know they have these products coming in to sell and they need to make room for them on the floor.  The manager would only know they're not an authorized dealer if they had a BGE themselves and knew about these issues or until Walmart Corporate informs them otherwise and pulls the products.  You can't blame a manager for not knowing the difference.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    caliking said:

That was me. I received a medium for Father's Day in 2012 that had been purchased from Costco by my dad. A year later, I was changing the gasket and the dome slipped from the band, breaking into 5 pieces. I contacted my dealer(I bought an XL from them in 2011 for a Father's day gift for my dad) and found out the cost to replace the dome(125 bucks) was just about the difference between the medium and large. I walked into Costco, explained what happened, and was told "no problem" and they returned $659 to me. I then went back to my dealer and bought a large with the nest and PS thrown in gratis for $800.

BYS1981 said:
    @stlcharcoal is on FIRE. 

Totally agree, 2-3 years ago this happened at Costco and that's when the big box store no warranty exerpt on the website went into the warranty.  

In regards to Costco in this case, it wasn't BGE directly, but a distributor(I used to work for Costco and talked to one of the buyers at the regional office that I know). Just like other "grey-market" items, it has to do with someone in the supply chain going against corporate policies(like the CK case) if it's found there. The only people Costco cares about are employees, members, and lastly shareholders. They approach manufacturers for regularly-stocked items or get cold called for "one-off" items, like the Egg or Coach purses. I can't speak for Sam's Club(other than it's a sh!thole near me) but Costco guarantees what they sell(with a few exceptions on electronics) for the life of the item.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    edited April 2015
    Options

BTW, the non-transferrable aspect of the lifetime warranty is complete BS.  People move, have kids, lose jobs, etc.....you sell something to your neighbor or family member and suddenly the warranty disappears?  That doesn't happen with a car, firearms, or a lot of other items.

Um, yes it does.  I buy lots of things that come with a non-transferable lifetime warranty.  e.g. I'm on my 2nd set of free replacement brakepads I bought for my car from autozone.  For the life of my car while I own it, I get free brake pads, the person I sell my car to doesn't.

You think BGE should warrant your egg for the next thousand years, because if it is transferable, then your kids and then their kids and then the person that buys your egg at an estate sale and then their offspring etc ad infinitum would be eligible for that lifetime warranty if it was transferable.  Nope, the non-transferable lifetime warranty is completely legal and makes good business sense.  I don't see where any court would shoot that down, as no business would ever offer a lifetime warranty that never ever expires.

BTW, I bet all of those warranties you know of that are transferable, none of them are lifetime.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

I rarely defend WalMart/Sams/Costco, but in this case I will.  This public lynching is ridiculous because they not to blame (as companies).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@sticharcoal

As I said, if there are employees that lying or misguiding consumers, that's another story.......I'm not defending that.  They might have an "in" with a local dealer or distributor to get the unit and the parts, but they're not "official" or "authorized".  They should disclose that if asked, as that's the case on a lot of products they offer.  Maybe that manager got lied to by his regional buyer and he truly thinks he's a dealer.  Either way, it's not your job or mine to police the local store and tell them they're not authorized dealers--that's the manufacturer's job.  Call your local dealer and give them a heads up if you feel like you need to.  If that was my product sitting there, I would have bought all of it back and taken the loss to protect my dealers.  Then I would have tracked down who sold it for them, and revoked their dealership.

What I'm doing is defending Sam's and Costco as companies.  They are not doing anything unethical or illegal by purchasing and reselling products (and offering their own [better] warranty in place of manufacturer's warranty).  That's what I got out of a few posts in this thread, that they were somehow breaking the law or doing something unethical by selling BGE because they were not "authorized" to.  The courts have ruled many times you can resell anything you legally have acquired.....lot of case history from price fixing lawsuits.  For instance, you can have a dealer agreement telling a dealer that they cannot advertise your product below a certain price, but they can ultimately SELL it for whatever they want.  I've also seen some bulk products labeled that you cannot divide the product, then sell under a different brand name (not sure if that's been tested yet.) 

Ultimately, this is on the manufacturer to stop these practices, NOT the consumer or any of the resellers in the middle.  But when you get big and have a lot of people in the middle, that gets hard to do.  So rather than spending the money and time to fix the problem, it's easier to screw over the unknowing consumer.  Not fair.  Fix the problem, or suck it up and honor the warranty.

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    Because they (Sam's, etc) are not an authorized dealer. I talked to some folks in the know about this just last week.
    Pretty interesting. supposedly, the item is purchased and re-sold in store in hopes of increasing memberships which lead to more revenue. You see a BGE at Sam's, you tell your buddy "Sam's sells BGEs." Buddy signs up for membership. 

This was discussed the "Inside Costco" on CNBC or one of those shows.

Yes, they absolutely do this in hope of retaining and recruiting more members.  A lot of those specialty items get sold at cost.  Even their main staples at the store are marked up less than 15%.  They make money on memberships, not the products they sell.  Brilliant.

• aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Options
     I walked into Costco, explained what happened, and was told "no problem" and they returned $659 to me. 

In my opinion the ability to return the product if you're unhappy with it is more valuable than the lifetime warranty.  Case in point I bought a Thermoworks ChefAlarm from my BGE dealer last month to go with my Thermapen.  I took it home tried to use and within 30 seconds of being in the food on the egg, the display was reading HHH and the high temp alarms were all going off and it wouldn't recover after taking it out of the egg.  Clearly something was wrong.  The Egg was well below max temp for the probe (egg was at 300, max on the probe is 700) and indirect so I didn't fry the probe, it was bad out of the box when heat was applied.  Well I'm sure the ChefAlarm is a great product but I have no interest in keeping it now, and the wife wants her own Thermapen, so I tried to return it to the dealer and pay the difference for the Thermapen and go on my merry way.  The dealer told me they can't take it back without Thermoworks approval and that I needed to deal with Thermoworks.  Keep in mind that the purchase happened the week before I tried to return it, but because I tried to use it and the probe was bad they can't (or most likely won't) return a defective product because the dealer can't resell it as new.  Thermoworks will send me a probe free of charge that should fix it (who knows for sure) per their lifetime warranty and sell me a discounted Thermapen but won't authorize the return.  Now I'm stuck with a product I don't, that didn't work, but has a lifetime and if I want the second Thermapen I have to shell out more instead of just paying the difference.  If I would have bought this from Costco, Walmart or even Amazon I could take it back no questions asked but because I bought it from my Egg dealer I'm stuck.  Honestly, it's not my dealers fault completely, but it doesn't make me want to continue doing business with my dealer on products like this.  A Lifetime Warranty is only good if you know you're going to keep the product for a lifetime, as defined in the warranty, otherwise I'd rather just be able to return it.   
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • stlcharcoal
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Zmokin said:

BTW, the non-transferrable aspect of the lifetime warranty is complete BS.  People move, have kids, lose jobs, etc.....you sell something to your neighbor or family member and suddenly the warranty disappears?  That doesn't happen with a car, firearms, or a lot of other items.

Um, yes it does.  I buy lots of things that come with a non-transferable lifetime warranty.  e.g. I'm on my 2nd set of free replacement brakepads I bought for my car from autozone.  For the life of my car while I own it, I get free brake pads, the person I sell my car to doesn't.

You think BGE should warrant your egg for the next thousand years, because if it is transferable, then your kids and then their kids and then the person that buys your egg at an estate sale and then their offspring etc ad infinitum would be eligible for that lifetime warranty if it was transferable.  Nope, the non-transferable lifetime warranty is completely legal and makes good business sense.  I don't see where any court would shoot that down, as no business would ever offer a lifetime warranty that never ever expires.

BTW, I bet all of those warranties you know of that are transferable, none of them are lifetime.

What I would like to see is clarification of the word "lifetime".  Is the "lifetime" of the person that bought it or "lifetime" of the product/manufacturer?  That's where it could get interesting. 

So a guy buys the product from an authorized dealer and dies the next day, is the warranty is null and void for the son since he was not the original buyer?  Why can the manufacturer just absolve themselves of support for the product since it changed ownership?

Again, I get it.....I just think it's bogus for someone to call something a "limited lifetime warranty".  The word lifetime gets people all warm and fuzzy, even though "limited" before it, and the PAGES of stuff behind it tells you how they're not going to honor it.  Just my opinion on that, not unethical.

What I think is unethical, is not cover something that was lawfully acquired in new condition because someone in THEIR supply chain broke THEIR rules (not the law.)  That's my point.

My comparisons come from the firearm industry.  Traditionally firearms have had a lifetime warranty for the life of the firearm......doesn't matter how many times it got sold in the middle.  Most the established companies will still send you a box to send it back to them prepaid, fix the problem, then send back to you no charge.  S&W tried this "original purchaser" BS years ago, yet they'll still fix any defect for free if you push.  Of course, neglect, modifications, other preventable things are not covered, but anything they could be held liable for definitely are.  If you're going to be the most expensive and established product out there, bite the bullet and stand behind your product no matter who owns it. 

• Zmokin
    Options
    Zmokin said:

What I would like to see is clarification of the word "lifetime".  Is the "lifetime" of the person that bought it or "lifetime" of the product/manufacturer?  That's where it could get interesting. 

So a guy buys the product from an authorized dealer and dies the next day, is the warranty is null and void for the son since he was not the original buyer?  Why can the manufacturer just absolve themselves of support for the product since it changed ownership?

Again, I get it.....I just think it's bogus for someone to call something a "limited lifetime warranty".  The word lifetime gets people all warm and fuzzy, even though "limited" before it, and the PAGES of stuff behind it tells you how they're not going to honor it.  Just my opinion on that, not unethical.

What I think is unethical, is not cover something that was lawfully acquired in new condition because someone in THEIR supply chain broke THEIR rules (not the law.)  That's my point.

My comparisons come from the firearm industry.  Traditionally firearms have had a lifetime warranty for the life of the firearm......doesn't matter how many times it got sold in the middle.  Most the established companies will still send you a box to send it back to them prepaid, fix the problem, then send back to you no charge.  S&W tried this "original purchaser" BS years ago, yet they'll still fix any defect for free if you push.  Of course, neglect, modifications, other preventable things are not covered, but anything they could be held liable for definitely are.  If you're going to be the most expensive and established product out there, bite the bullet and stand behind your product no matter who owns it. 

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this.  I find your opinion on this matter to be completely unreasonable and unrealistic.  I'm pretty sure if you read the fine print, lifetime warranties are for the life of you, the original purchaser while you continue to own the product.  Both your death and the transfer in ownership of the product terminate the lifetime warranty.  Why you expect it should be otherwise is completely beyond me.

• stlcharcoal
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Zmokin said:

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this.  I find your opinion on this matter to be completely unreasonable and unrealistic.  I'm pretty sure if you read the fine print, lifetime warranties are for the life of you, the original purchaser while you continue to own the product.  Both your death and the transfer in ownership of the product terminate the lifetime warranty.  Why you expect it should be otherwise is completely beyond me.

I didn't disagree with you on the fine print, I know what it says as do you.  It says, "original purchaser that buys from an authorized dealer..."  Consumers rarely read this though, they just see the bullet point of "Lifetime warranty" and take it as broad coverage (which it is definitely not).

Unlike your brake pad example, this is not a consumable item.  If it has the quality that it is supposed to have, it should never have to be replaced anyway.

Again, my point in this thread is the manufacturer not covering the warranty on a BRAND NEW product because one of their rogue dealer/distributors violating a contract between the manufacturer & dealer/dist.  The consumer was not privy to those terms, yet they are the ones that get screwed.  I believe the manufacturer should take the high road and cover the product--then rain down holy hellfire on the deal/dist that broke the terms of their contract. 

• Zmokin
    edited April 2015
    Options
    stlcharcoal said:

Unlike your brake pad example, this is not a consumable item.  If it has the quality that it is supposed to have, it should never have to be replaced anyway.

OK, so it should be fully warranted for the lifetime of the product?  Is that 100 years, 1000 years, 1 million years, or until the sun goes nova and life on this planet is no longer viable.  I understand it sucks for your heir's  if you die the day after you buy a lifetime warranty product, but the company warrants it for your life while you own it.  They are basing this on the average expected life of their consumers.  yes, if they sell it to a 20 year old who keeps it and lives to be 100, it is an 80 year warranty they have to honor, but that is on the extreme end of the scale.  Most egg owners are probably 30+ years old when they feel they can afford to buy a $1000 BBQ and on average they won't live past 80.  Just like the consumable brake pads I bought, Autozone provides that warranty based on the expectation the vast majority of their customers may exercise that free replacement once before they either sell the car, or the car ends up at the junkyard.  On occasion, they encounter someone like me that owns a car for > 20 years and works on it instead of taking it into a shop.  They may lose money on me honoring that warranty, but on the vast majority of their customers, they do not.  Most people don't own their vehicles past 5 years, 10 at the high side, whether they buy them brand new or used.  I happen to own a 1992 & 1994 car that are both in excellent condition.  I know I'm not normal, and financially, it is to my benefit not being normal.  But I don't expect the quality built into a Honda product means Honda should warrant my cars for the life of me or my car.  I don't expect BGE to warrant my egg past my death so my son can get free replacement fire rings for the rest of his life or his grandchildren.  The lifetime warranty has to have an expiration date.  To expect otherwise is not reasonable.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    All these word :anguished: