Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Oven Shrimp Perdita - OT

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
Meant to post this the other night for any shrimp lovers. OT because no egg involved in this cook for once. This is my top 5 favorite recipes. Not healthy as the dish is filled in juices they were cooked in ( mainly butter and Worcestershire) but man this is so good. Of course the bread is to dip in the juice as well. If anyone is interested you won't be sorry. 
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Would you mind posting the recipe for the shrimp, @Chubbs?
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Would you mind posting the recipe for the shrimp, @Chubbs?
    Could I second that???
    Yummmm
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Very nice Chubbs

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Chubbs
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My pleasure @EggObsessed and @Photo Egg The recipe is from "Charleston Recipes Repeats". The recipe serves 20 but I reduced it down as best I could. 

10 lbs of shrimp --- in shells
    french bread

bring 1lb of butter, 1 lb of margarine, 1 tsp of rosemary, 6 oz Worcestershire sauce, 5 tsp black pepper, 4 tsp of salt, juice of 4 lemons, 1 tsp of Tabasco to boil. 

Place shrimp in bottom of large roasting pan. Pour boiled ingredients over shrimp and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. 

Dip French bread in sauce. It halves very easily and can certainly he adapted to egg. 

Enjoy
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Shrimp sounds good, yours look great.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Well hello gorgeous!!!  Outstanding :clap: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Well, hell!  You may die from the sauce, but it'd be totally worth it. 
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Well, hell!  You may die from the sauce, but it'd be totally worth it. 
    Told you. It is not healthy but I am telling you if you have people over for an informal summer meal they will love this. Just throw it in the middle of the table right on the roasting pan and let them dip in the sauce. It is really good. Keep in mind that is for 10lbs of shrimp. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    That sounds awesome...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Man, the thought of dipping good bread in that sauce sold me on it!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 483
    Options
    Thanks @Chubbs - the 1 lb of butter and 1 lb of margarine seems odd to me- why not just 2 lb of one or the other? thanks
    Austin, TX
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Thanks @Chubbs - the 1 lb of butter and 1 lb of margarine seems odd to me- why not just 2 lb of one or the other? thanks
    I usually do that. 
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options
    Looks outstanding. I hope the veggies didn't feel bad for not getting in that awesome sauce :bawling: 
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN