Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Louies - Cornbread - Rice Pudding

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,038
After eating out everyday for the past two weeks and trying out a bunch of new food it's nice to get back to the basics with a little comfort food.  I made a new batch of barbecue sauce for the rib competition coming up next month.  I'm really happy with the outcome of it.  I didn't give much love to the ribs when they were on the egg.  It was more about the sauce than the ribs.  Since I have my barbecue sauce 95% where I want it I'll have to start practicing my ribs and rub. I did a couple pans of cornbread for the ribs. For the past 6 months or so I've been craving rice pudding.  I'm not sure exactly why since I've never made it and only have had it a few times.  So why not.  Snapped a few pics along the way.
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looks good from where I'm sitting.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I'll take a plate of that! The cornbread looks like a great compliment too. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice color 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looking really good.  That sauce looks like chocolate frosting :).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Very nice looking plate - great combination as well.
    Phoenix 
  • Monaarts
    Monaarts Posts: 191
    Options
    Wooowie!  That looks tasty!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Welcome home. Not sure you can top some of the pics you've been posting, but those ribs look good. 
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Good looking eats brother!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Great looking sticky ribs.
    One of my favorites is my Grandmother's Rice Pudding recipe. In fact my cousin and I were just discussing it on FB. It's like no other recipe IMHO.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,038
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Great looking sticky ribs.
    One of my favorites is my Grandmother's Rice Pudding recipe. In fact my cousin and I were just discussing it on FB. It's like no other recipe IMHO.
    Secret family recipe?  If not would you be interested in sharing the recipe?  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota