Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got my BBQguru yesterday - 1st use report

Rollocks
Rollocks Posts: 570
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got my BBQguru yesterday. I got the competitor model with the 10 cfm fan. I have a XL BGE.

It was very easy to install and set up less than five minutes. Since I was anxious to try it out and didn't get home with it until late evening. I figured I experiment with baking something on the egg. My two boys, ages 3 and 4 decided on brownies.

It took the guru about 15-20 minutes from when I started the charcoal to reach and hold the temp at 350 degrees at the grate was reading onI let it sit there for about 20 minutes to make sure it was stable then my boys and I put the on the brownies. 50 minutes later they were done. The temp was constant the whole time and the dome temp was only slightly higher at 355 degrees.

The brownies were good, but they seemed to be really soft in the middle and dryer on the edge. My boys thought they were perfect. I have a feeling that they will be asking me to cook all sorts of treats outside They couldn't get over the fact that I made the brownies on the grill. I make have to get a second egg just to bake.

The weekend I plan on trying the

Comments