Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi Egg Heads!! Newbie here!

Options
13»

Comments

• Defrasier
    Defrasier Posts: 33
    Options
    grege345 said:
    The egg makes all the pain go away. Hope your all good now
    This is dynamite!
    Dennis Frasier, Newburgh, IN
    LBGE, Mar 31, 2015, Indiana Hoosiers, Colts, Pacers and Yankees
    I just got seduced by a BIG....GREEN....EGG
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    INDIANA??? I think i heard something about Indiana in the news recently. lol

LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Defrasier
    Options
    grege345 said:
    INDIANA??? I think i heard something about Indiana in the news recently. lol

I'm sure you did....errrr.....uhhhh.....it's tornado season....yeah...that's probably what it was!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Ya that was it.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Defrasier
    Options

Hey guys...another quick question...I did a search on thefting of eggs and didn't see many problems.  I'm in a good community, but you never can be too careful these days especially with an expensive piece of equipment like this...any things to you would like to share about that subject?  Mine is only in a nest, and I don't have a locked fence.  I figure it's like anything else that could potentially get stolen...thankfully it's heavy.

Also...going to butcher in the morning and getting my butt(s).  Going to start 'em late Friday evening.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Mine sits in a table at the end of the driveway. Of course my house stays unlocked and keys in cars a lot of the time. 
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Defrasier said:

Hey guys...another quick question...I did a search on thefting of eggs and didn't see many problems.  I'm in a good community, but you never can be too careful these days especially with an expensive piece of equipment like this...any things to you would like to share about that subject?  Mine is only in a nest, and I don't have a locked fence.  I figure it's like anything else that could potentially get stolen...thankfully it's heavy.

Also...going to butcher in the morning and getting my butt(s).  Going to start 'em late Friday evening.

Have you taken the time to register your Egg online yet?  At least this might provide some comfort in knowing that you've jotted down the serial number (assuming they still ship with them).  Also, on a lighter note, the thought did occur to me that if you were to commit yourself to having something on the  Egg 24X7 then it would always be too hot to handle.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Welcome to the zoo!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Rubs. Are. Key. 

Im a HUGE dizzy pig fan.  Also, I'm coming to appreciate meat church.  

As as for that butt planned for Friday night, if you have a dealer in your area, dizzy dust (by dizzy pig) is my fav on pork
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @johnnyp funny but, true... I haven't tried not a one of Dizzy Pig rubs. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    My tip would be to starting creating a egg contra fund ASAP. I think you will find your self enjoying the egg so much you will want to get all the cooler gadjets that make it even more fun and even better eats. Welcome and enjoy and spread the good food to others.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @johnnyp funny but, true... I haven't tried not a one of Dizzy Pig rubs. 
    You have to try some Blake. They are great! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Defrasier said:
    man I'm pumped about finding this forum! I'm firing up my new best friend as I type this...just breaking her in. However...I am putting him to the test Friday night. I'm going to smoke a butt! anyone have any cool first time recipes for me, much obliged. This new group is going to change my life! I'm now an EGG HEAD!
    Welcome Defrasier, enjoy your Egg take your time . You can check my blog for recipes
    http://grillingandsmoking.blogspot.com

Ross  
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Welcome aboard, this place rocks. Don't forget pics. 
  • Blassiter
    Blassiter Posts: 195
    Options
    Welcome to the group. So much to be learned and you will love every minute of it. 

LBGE - 2/12/2015

Chesapeake, VA

• AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Fyi
    The initiation for first timers is to cook your first butt cook nekkid. Adult beverages are required as is melodic whistling as one cooks.
    Aprons are acceptable.
    Welcome!!

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• Defrasier
    Options
    AUCE said:
    Fyi
    The initiation for first timers is to cook your first butt cook nekkid. Adult beverages are required as is melodic whistling as one cooks.
    Aprons are acceptable.
    Welcome!!

Welcome!

Welcome!

jabam said:
    Welcome. Must have cold beverage and music. Be sure to post with pics or it never happened. Ideas for future cooks???....taking a deep breath... wings, drums, burgers, Jucy Lucy, brats, dogs, chicken thighs, quarters, spatchcock, fish filets, fish whole, lobster, shrimp, oysters, scallops, mudbugs, brisket, steak, steak, steak, ABTs, chili, loins, chops, chucky roast, prime rib, pizza, calzone, Stromboli, bread, pies, veggies......... Enjoy!
    Ok I'll bite...what's a Jucy Lucy?
    I used to fry bacon naked, now I always wear a apron.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Defrasier
    Options
    Anyone have a suggestion for a good meat probe thermometer? 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    @GATraveller
    Now that is just plain wrong.

Penalty Box - 2 Cooks
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Sameydog
    Sameydog Posts: 154
    Options
    Defrasier said:

I'm taking this seriously, and only plan on drinking 12-15 beers. Am I being a Nancy? Should I put on my beer shoes?

Perfect.

Bill
    From the deep south...land of saltwater fish...west central Florida