Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max Purchase

Options
Can you buy on-line? I'm having trouble finding one in the Southern Delaware area. 

Comments

• tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    Options
    Online no. If you do buy one online it will not have a warranty. 
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    @Jonathan1970 where in southern de? I know teller wines in Lewes and casual ????? In the midway shopping center were egg dealers last time I checked. I would think either on of them could order you one?  If all else fails check Clarke ace hardware in Ellicot city or tri county patio and hearth in Waldorf. Tri county is right down the street from the regional distribution center and should not have any issues getting you one. 
  • Jonathan1970
    Options
    Thanks. I could never imagine buying one on-line, but we lack good dealers in the area. Originally from Huntsville, AL I'm new to the Eastern Shore and just haven't found the right place yet. As far as big cities go, I can get to DC or Baltimore in 2 1/2 hours. Philadelphia in less time than that. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. 
  • Jonathan1970
    Options
    I live in Ocean View between Ocean City and Rehobeth Beach. Thanks Firemanyz. 
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Have you tried entering your zip code in the dealer search box on the bge website?
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Jonathan1970
    Options
    The three places I have visited, based on the web site dealer location tool, had little to nothing in stock. I would like to see a Mini Max before ordering one. Staff wasn't much help either. Guess I'm spoiled because my local Alabama dealers were actual true blue "Eggheads". I know they have the same or better around here, I just haven't found the right spot yet. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You should have been at the Salado EggFest today. We gave away two Mini-Max to two lucky EggHeads. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    One of the two minimax's from Salado is sitting on my porch. Salado was good to us. :-)
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Ordered mine without seeing it. The little guy rocks. Hard to find still. Waiting to get another for my Dad he loves the MM.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    It's nice, compared to the mini it's darn heavy but does have handles to make it easier to carry. Suspect she will become the busiest grill in the flock very quickly. It also comes with a plate setter out of the box.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    There's a bunch of dealers between DC and Baltimore. Clarks, offenbachers, strosnider hardware, tri county patio, and cozy pools and spa are all great.

• Firemanyz
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Jonathan1970 what three dealers have you been too?   You could try Byler's in Dover. They were and egg dealer and still be selling them. Last time I was there they had eggs and kamado joes there. Bylers in Dover has a stove shop attached to the grocery outlet. This by far is a place you HAVE to check out. They have tons of bulk spices and you never know what kind of groceries you will find. Some of the stuff sold is out of date(like that really matters), but you never know what they will have. A word of advice if your not sure on an item buy one and try it at the car to decide if you like it or not. You never know if the next time you go if they will have it. 

Also so there is a place near Kent island called backyard Billy's that is right off rt 50 that sells eggs. In my opinion on of the Delaware dealers would be best due to NO SALES TAX. If you have any other questions shoot me a pm and I'll try to help. 

Im over in Denton MD and travel out to Rehoboth often as my I laws are near long neck de. 
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    @Jonathan1970 I just went to the BGE site and see they have a gold dealer listed in seafood DE. It is called Dukes lumber and supply. Maybe worth a phone call to see if they have on in stock. Also not a terrible ride for you. 
  • Jonathan1970
    Options
    Thanks again Firemanyz. I'm going to try the place in Seaford before heading farther out. 
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks. I could never imagine buying one on-line, but we lack good dealers in the area. Originally from Huntsville, AL I'm new to the Eastern Shore and just haven't found the right place yet. As far as big cities go, I can get to DC or Baltimore in 2 1/2 hours. Philadelphia in less time than that. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. 
    Are you coming back to Huntsville soon. The Mini Max is here

• Jonathan1970
    Options
    Thanks, but I wont be back in Huntsville until Thanksgiving or Christmas. I'm confident that I can find what I want here in Delaware. I was just trying to save some running around time by seeing if anyone has a preferred dealer in this area.