Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Life Below Zero

Options
stv8r
stv8r Posts: 1,127
Ok maybe its not below zero here technically(It's 15) but the windchill is -10.  I had a beautiful custom cut 1" New York strip waiting for me tonight, and was not to be deterred.  Fired up the egg, and shuttered her to maintain 250F . Seasoned my steak with Montreal Steak seasoning(I know...the purists don't like it but I like a spicy steak). Steak was room temp.  Pulled at 120f according to my thermapen.  Steak was at 126f when plated.  Accompanied by some sliced mushrooms brushed with olive oil and finished with salt and pepper, then grilled alongside the steak on an enamel coated perforated tray. .  Started the potato in the microwave for 6mins (again I apologize to the purists), buttered and loaded with cheese, then finished on the egg.  Great grill taste on the potato!  Overall, it was totally worth freezing my @** off and was very happy!

Comments