Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My new table build - redo w/pics!!

Hey guys, I just finished this. It is all pine and stained with American walnut and sealed with satin helmsman. Built it with some general height and width measurements and a vision and a lot of trial and error along the way. This is for my large. I just finished it with the tool hooks, beer openers, and the granite slab. Should be bringing it outside in March. Enjoy. 
Victoria, MN

Comments

• Nice. Like it. Oh, let me hit the button. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Can't wait to see the egg in its home with some cooks. Double bottle openers. This guy means business 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Nice job. Bring out the egg
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    Sweet 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Very nice
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • RiverDocRiverDoc Posts: 572
    Looks great
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,202
    Nice work :rock_on: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Looks good.  Did you do any kind of joint for those boards on top?
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Very nice!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• ryanttryantt Posts: 1,350
    That looks nice. I'm trying to figure out what to build my table out of.  I was thinking redwood or cedar, but not sure. Anyone have suggestions, I'd like to to it soon, before my Egg arrives. I purchased the XL and am trying to find dimensions online, but only seem to be able to find them for large
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 

@ryantt did you check out the naked whiz site for dimensions? I've seen wood builds, paver builds, retainer wall block, metal etc. choose carefully

• Hawg FanHawg Fan Posts: 1,511
    Nice job on the table.  Where did you purchase the tool hooks and is it stainless?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,957
    Really nice - thanks for posting all the pics.  Happy egging

Slightly ot - that is the first time I've seen an exposed table nest.  Looks, well, ...unimpressive.  Maybe they are sturdier than they look?
    Phoenix 
  • ryanttryantt Posts: 1,350
    @grege345 thanks for the advise on where to look....any suggestions materials to use. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 

• blasting said:
    Really nice - thanks for posting all the pics.  Happy egging

Slightly ot - that is the first time I've seen an exposed table nest.  Looks, well, ...unimpressive.  Maybe they are sturdier than they look?
    Not for use without a table. They work fine to have a gap, but not to keep an egg upright. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • That is a nice looking table? Where did you find those hooks? I need some like that. 

blasting said:
    - that is the first time I've seen an exposed table nest.  Looks, well, ...unimpressive.  Maybe they are sturdier than they look?
    There isn't much to them. Two small pieces of metal and that is it. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • AdrockAdrock Posts: 93
    edited February 2015
    The hooks are from Amazon. KES stainless kitchen hooks. KUR200-2. As for the top. I screwed in the boards per the pic so I could measure and cut. However, the boards were all slightly uneven or warped. I cut a few scrap boards and screwed them in from the bottom upwards with 1" screws the pull everything flush and solid. I then sanded, stained, and sealed. Thanks for all the positive feedback. 

My only concern is the 1x5 pine board supporting the egg won't hold up. I have stood on them in a wide stance and there is no give and I'm 230lbs but I'm still worried. Thoughts?  
    Victoria, MN
    Between the carriage bolts on the 2x4's and the large span of the granite I'd say not much to worry about.