Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First homemade pizza.....WOW!!

KingtUT
KingtUT Posts: 157
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I decided there was no time like the present to make our first pizza from scratch. This would also be the first time cooking a pizza on the egg. We found a dough recipe and a pizza sauce recipe online that ended up going perfectly together. We left our dough slightly thicker than a traditional thin crust. I got the egg to 425-450, raised indirect on a pizza stone, and cooked each of our pizzas for 12 minutes using Ozark Oak. We put a little corn starch between the crust and a sheet of aluminum foil and after 3 minutes of cooking, the foil pulled out with ease. I honestly couldn't believe the difference between this pizza and all the fast food pizzas people order. I guess it was all luck but they came out perfectly. It was honestly the best pizza I've ever had. Can't believe we waited this long to try pizza on the egg. Simply amazing. We also made a mushroom, green pepper and onion pizza but I was so amazed by how good the pepperoni and jalapeño was that I forgot to take pictures. Iimage

Comments