Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

'Za & 'Que and first time garlic bread (pictures inside)

Options
Walt2015
Walt2015 Posts: 583
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
Had some left over pulled pork from Friday and wife requesting her weekly egged pizza fix so I couldn't argue. Homemade dough made while the egg was coming to temp. Went raised with the help of a few firebricks and let it rest at 600 for about an hour (tore through some lump). Decided to try some garlic cheese bread with left over dough

Hers: pesto, feta, mozz, and banana peppers
Mine: sweet baby ray's, mozz and white cheddar, pulled pork, and banana peppers. Wish I Had some red onion and jalapeño
Garlic bread: just rolled out a little thicker, brushed with evoo and sautéed garlic then topped with mozz and minced garlic

All in all: very tasty. Getting more comfortable with pizza each time (this was number 3). Still using the parchment crutch for about two minutes then removing but working well so don't think I'll stray.

Anyone have any interesting non-traditional pizzas that they like cooking?
Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN

Comments