Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good weekend warrior

Options
2»

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    Not Jakes Blend, but the Ace on Roswell Rd inside the perimeter is where I got my last bag of WGWW.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• carolinakid
    Options
    Love WGWW for low and slow- like RW for everything else. It is harder to light but worth the effort. My local ACE started having it again
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    Thanks for the responses gentlemen. I plan to head to Ace on Scott tomorrow morning.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    I really like it. Local Ace has it in north Denver. I agree it can tend to be a little harder to light with new lump. Reusing lump from previous cooks is much easier to light. As others have said the L&S and high temps are very good with WC. I did find a great place in just outside of Denver that has WC and Rockwood. I definitely want to try Rockwood as soon as I am finished with my last bag of WC. But overall I am very satisfied with the clean burn, low ash, and the mild taste.
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • lecrams
    lecrams Posts: 116
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ace in Peachtree Corners had Jakes a couple weeks ago. They usually have plenty. Good luck!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Been a while since I've used it , I'm behind schedule I thought I had a good fire but nope...this stuff takes a while to get lit and going .
    I put the cold rig in too early, I know better for next time make sure the coals are going real good.
    Seattle, WA