Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

B-day feast: wings, scallops, steaks, au gratin to name a few

Options
Celebrating best friend's (well, second to my wife) birthday, so there is a lot to cook today. They at to arrive at 3:30 sharp - they are always on time, so my walk-in apps will be ready too.

Prep has already started... as everything except the rolls will be from scratch. Taking a break now....

Attendees
:  my wife and I, another couple, and the guest of honor.

Arrival appetizers:
Guacamole
Hoagie dip (all the good ingredients of a south Philly hoagie mixed together, then you spoon it onto sliced baguettes.)
Wings dusted with a rub, then will be tossed in a hot sauce that one of the guests gave me for the last 10 minutes of cooking indirect at 325.

Sit down appetizer:
Pan seared scallop with a maple mustard glaze.

Main meal:
1- 3" 2-bone-in C.A.B. ribeye steak (really a roast.) for the guest of honor.
2- 2" bone-in C.A.B ribeyes
2 - 1 " C.A.B. ribeyes for the women.
Wine - Brunello de Montalcino we carried back from Italy in our suitcases

Sides:
Asparagus wrapped in fillo dough,
Au Gratin Potatoes (half and half, Gruyere cheese S&P, garlic and butter with a few other things)
Ceasar Salad
Crispy crust European style roll

Dessert:
Vanilla ice cream on top of a warm chocolate chip cookie served in ones own baking tin.

Pics or it did not happen... I know.  I will post as I go, but there will be little along the way in terms of comments as I will be focused on entertaining and cooking.
--------------------------------------------------
Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
....just look for the smoke!
Large and MiniMax
--------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 

Comments