Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Asain Ginger Porkchops & Home Theater Question

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,029
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
I did the every few years wallet clean out. When going through my wallet I came across a random recipe for Asain ginger porkchops. I must have asked for the recipe at some point because it was in girl handwriting. So I figured why not.....

The Marinade recipe:
1 Orange for 1Tbsp Zest and 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Minced Fresh Ginger
1tsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Garlic Chili Paste
1/2 trp. Salt

Combine and mix ingredients together. I placed the chops and marinade inside a zip lock bag. Turn the bag over 2-3 times while it marinates. Minimum of 2 hours but best left together for 24 hours. Next time I will double the ingredients for marinating. Recipe calls for 6 chops. Overall it was a good recipe. Very tasty. Nice to change it up with chops.

OK need some help with home theater speakers. I bought some used Bose speakers off Craigslist for $25. Couldn't pass them up for the price. I know Bose aren't the best but it's an upgrade from my Yamaha bookshelf surround speakers. The Bose speakers come in a set of 5. Would the 5th be considered the center channel speaker? Thanks

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Options
    Yes in the Bose 5 satellite configuration, one of them is designated at the center speaker.

Living Large and XL

• lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You really need a subwoofer to go with that combo though.  Is that the sub I see in the background?

Living Large and XL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    @lilwooty‌ Thanks for the clarification. It seems a little strange that they would use the exact same satellite speaker as a center channel speaker. I have a subwoofer from the previous Yamaha surround sound system that I've paired up with these Bose speakers. It's a cheaper subwoofer. I'll maybe see if I can find a better used sub or possibly a Bose sub if I do decide to sell these speakers down the road. These are night and day difference from the cheap Yamaha surround sound I used prior. I just finished up Black Hawk Down on Netflix and put the speakers to the test. Twenty-five dollars well spent!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota