Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RSS Feeds of Forum

Options
haywyre
haywyre Posts: 165
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Are there plans to enable an RSS feed of this forum?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    haywyre,

I have enabled RSS for the forum in the "backend". It was previously disabled. I have not used RSS myself, but you sound like you have some experience using it. If you can, do whatever it is you do get an RSS feed on whatever device you are using and provide us with feedback as to whether it works or we need to do some tweeking.

The feed will only work for the "alternate universe" (biggreenegg.net), but all postings on the .com site are "wormholed" to the .net site, so you see all postings. The wormhole is unidirectional, so posts on the new forum (.net) don't show up on the old forum (.com).

Keep us in the loop, we aim to please.

WPB
  • BBQInMilwaukee
    Options
    I would love to see the RSS feed work; currently clicking on the RSS link it provides me with "You are not authorized to view this resource."

An RSS feed is nothing more then an XML file. If you can provide the link that displays the XML of the forums, any RSS reader should be able to display it.
  • haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    I am running into the same issue as BBQinMil. From what I have found you need to disable RSS authentication on the Simplebaord settings but leave RSS enabled.

I went to the Simpleboard website and seen that they have it enabled there with out authentication.

http://www.tsmf.net/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,62/

When you click it it loads the xml then I just add it to my live feeds in Mozilla Firefox. The new Internet Explorer 7.0 has a RSS reader built in as well. But for all my RSS feeds I use Mozilla Thunderbird.
  • BBQInMilwaukee
    Options
    Sure would be nice if this worked... Anyone else have this working?