Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need some plans for a table

Options
Anybody have any clue on where I can get my hand on some plans on how to build a egg table for a large. I'm not the best builder but I would say average. Looking for some type of plan that lays everything out for me like materials needed and step by step instructions.

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Naked whiz.com
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Use the Google. It knows all!!! But stay away from pressure treated pine!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    Buy a nest and a stainless work table. The nest won't catch on fire. Search my history if you want to see what can happen
    Kemah, TX
  • BigGreenGator
    Options

But stay away from pressure treated pine!!

Why is that ?

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• DGarner211
    Options

But stay away from pressure treated pine!!

Why is that ?
    I'm curious as well. This is exactly what I was going to use.
    Powder Springs, GA
  • Nick311
    Options
    I do know pressure treated lumber is not recommend for food surface because of the chemicals used
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Copper, arsenic, etc are used in the preservative chemicals.... Not something I'd want to injest. That's SWMBO's occupation....

Granted, arsenic compounds are no longer permitted for residential use; but there's a lot of us that don't follow the rules, now, do we????

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• BigGreenGator
    Options
    All I can tell you pressure treated lumber is used on tables / pickic tables / chairs / decks etc etc ... Today's pressure treated lumber doesn't have the harsh chemical that were used in the past CCA copper chromate arsenic ... They are not allowed any more ... I would not hesitate to use pressure treated on your tables I would however not set my food on the material as I would not set my food on any wood surface for that matter ... Most people don't set their food on the table surface anyway even SS tables ... If you want a food prep area use an insert if tiles or a stainless steel cut out that is easily washable or bring a cutting board from your kitchen

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"