Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless pork loin finished temp?

Options
Eggsessed
Eggsessed Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know the proper internal temp for a boneless pork loin? I've seen several recipes w/ 150, 160, 170. I don't want to make anyone sick.
Thanks.

Comments

• Dos Huevos
    Options
    Eggsessed,[p]After asking experts here, I pull mine off at 145-148 and let it rest for ten minutes. It'll end up around 152-155 and that's durn near perfect.[p]
  • Eggsessed, I take them off at 135°-140°.

• wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    Eggsessed,
    A timely question here at my household. I did a bone-in tonight and pulled it at 146...rested about 20 minutes and subsequently found it was getting on the dry side already. It was 5-ish pounds and I subjected it to 250 dome for more time than I expected (about 3 1/2 hours) before working the dome temp up 350 by the time the internal reached 145.[p]All in all, it was still pretty good, but it was not the "breakout" upper end pork cook I was hoping for.[p]I also used an "Asian" rub that was a gift given to me a couple of weeks ago. It was basically loaded with 5-spice that dominated over all (if any) other flavors. I'm just not a big fan of Asian 5-spice.[p]Eh! So we move on and start to make new plans...